Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SCCY Handgun ..... opinions wanted

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    We are seriously discussing SCCYs on M4C like this is TOS?

Get the little woman/Life Partner a Glock 43. They really aren’t that expensive

ETA I stopped at FBI trainer.

If I wanna get a Federal Warrant, I will ask an FBI guy. Otherwise deuces
    Last edited by Firefly; 10-10-19 at 13:55.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    lol! Yeah, I think that pretty much sums it up...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    We are seriously discussing SCCYs on M4C like this is TOS?

Get the little woman/Life Partner a Glock 43. They really aren’t that expensive

ETA I stopped at FBI trainer.

If I wanna get a Federal Warrant, I will ask an FBI guy. Otherwise deuces
    Sccy are like $125 after rebate on CDNN. Isn't that the place where guns go to die?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I'll bite. It's a gun, and we're talking about it...

I've got one. Does it make me lame? Brother, I was lame long before these were even bein' made...

My objective analysis:

Yep, it's cheap. A redesigned Kel Tec P 11. True. "Going off" in a kitchen drawer? Physically impossible, it's a true DAO.

I got it to fill the niche of BUG/subcompact, which was not filled at the time in my weapons battery. It fills that well...just ran 3 more miles with it today. If this thing had an odometer...

There aren't many 9mm guns that small with a double stack 10 round capacity out there. There's this and the Kel Tec. No, the G26 is bigger and heavier. The G43, Shield, etc. are great but less capacity.

Yes, the HH6's G43 with 8 rounds on board (Vickers TD mag extension) is fantastic. Still taller than the CPX-2 in that config though...

It is not as well-made as the other, "major" brands. I do not expect it to last anywhere near as long as a Glock, S&W, etc.

Mine works. Yes, it goes bang. Just crossed the 500 round mark...during the first 75 rounds or so, it had exactly 3 failures to go all the way into battery. I guess that was the break-in period, because it's been 100% reliable with everything since, all my FMJ and JHP reloads, as well as various factory loads, FMJ and JHP, 115, 124, and 147gr weight. Runs perfectly with our chosen 9mm defensive load, RA9T.

A little snappy, yes. Long heavy trigger, like shooting a J-frame. Ain't no thing.

The factory recoil springs are garbage, very weak. Went through 3 of them in the first 200 rounds, they would weaken almost immediately, like after 50 rounds or so. Kel Tec P 11 springs are what I use. 2 bucks each off the Kel Tec website, and much stronger, for some reason...

It runs fine though, for what it is. I've even done a drill of the weak with it over on pistol forum. Mine's fine.

It seems you hear half the folks out there can't get theirs to run, and half are like me. So it seems they put out alot of lemons, and I just lucked out and got a good one.

Holsters are hard to find, but holsterbuiler.com makes shells for 'em, and has hardware too. That's the route I went. Regular old Uncle Mike's for pocket duty.

Shoulda bought a lottery ticket that same day, I'd be typing this from my yact.

But it'll never replace my G19 or G17, or PF9C. Isn't meant to.

Attachment 59196
    Last edited by ViniVidivici; 10-20-19 at 00:55.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ViniVidivici View Post
    I'll bite. It's a gun, and we're talking about it...

I've got one. Does it make me lame? Brother, I was lame long before these were even bein' made...

My objective analysis:

Yep, it's cheap. A redesigned Kel Tec P 11. True. "Going off" in a kitchen drawer? Physically impossible, it's a true DAO.

I got it to fill the niche of BUG/subcompact, which was not filled at the time in my weapons battery. It fills that well...just ran 3 more miles with it today. If this thing had an odometer...

There aren't many 9mm guns that small with a double stack 10 round capacity out there. There's this and the Kel Tec. No, the G26 is bigger and heavier. The G43, Shield, etc. are great but less capacity.

Yes, the HH6's G43 with 8 rounds on board (Vickers TD mag extension) is fantastic. Still taller than the CPX-2 in that config though...

It is not as well-made as the other, "major" brands. I do not expect it to last anywhere near as long as a Glock, S&W, etc.

Mine works. Yes, it goes bang. Just crossed the 500 round mark...during the first 75 rounds or so, it had exactly 3 failures to go all the way into battery. I guess that was the break-in period, because it's been 100% reliable with everything since, all my FMJ and JHP reloads, as well as various factory loads, FMJ and JHP, 115, 124, and 147gr weight. Runs perfectly with our chosen 9mm defensive load, RA9T.

A little snappy, yes. Long heavy trigger, like shooting a J-frame. Ain't no thing.

The factory recoil springs are garbage, very weak. Went through 3 of them in the first 200 rounds, they would weaken almost immediately, like after 50 rounds or so. Kel Tec P 11 springs are what I use. 2 bucks each off the Kel Tec website, and much stronger, for some reason...

It runs fine though, for what it is. I've even done a drill of the weak with it over on pistol forum. Mine's fine.

It seems you hear half the folks out there can't get theirs to run, and half are like me. So it seems they put out alot of lemons, and I just lucked out and got a good one.

Holsters are hard to find, but holsterbuiler.com makes shells for 'em, and has hardware too. That's the route I went. Regular old Uncle Mike's for pocket duty.

Shoulda bought a lottery ticket that same day, I'd be typing this from my yact.

But it'll never replace my G19 or G17, or PF9C. Isn't meant to.

Attachment 59196
    You forgot to mention that a kid's cap gun has a better trigger.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    I have a SCCY and I consider it to be a reliable gun. Never had a failure through several hundred rounds. I carry it when I am going to be somewhere I can't carry and have to leave my gun in the car. Probably the best bang for the buck you can find. Would not want it as my only firearm but it does have its place.

Feedback Score
    I purchased two. First one ran fine, no failures. I gave it to one of my sons. Purchased a second run. It has also been 100% reliable.
    Trigger is terrible. Hard to shot well, small and light, not fun to shoot a lot, but it has its place. Don't have a lot of money to spend? Might want to try one out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12