Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Members who have dropped off the radar:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I could’ve sworn I saw Kev on the HK forums not too long ago. I’m deployed for over 8 months a year so I only come here to read and kill time. This place is still better than most forums and lately I’ve noticed that all the gun forums have slowly declined. Hkpro used to be great... it’s almost a ghost town now. Interestingly enough, I’ve become friends with the people I’ve wanted to chat with regularly and that seems to work for me.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    ALCAOR is still around...changed his name but I have seen his KACs posted after his name change.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I think a lot of us are split on that. I agree with the post above (chuckman IIRC) that the same old shit gets old. If there’s actually new stuff to discuss that’s one thing, but a lot of times it’s purely out of laziness that some new guy comes along and asks what optic to get. Doesn’t even state a purpose, budget, etc until prompted. There’s probably half a dozen of those already here that still have relevant answers, but people can’t be bothered to look first. That’s super annoying and as was said, I no longer answer because it’s a waste of time since they can’t be bothered to help themselves first. Obviously, there is a balance that needs to be struck because people will discover new things even with equipment that’s been out for a while, but more often than not, I think those threads just turn to noise.

Those two are definitely missed. I thought the same thing about ALCAOR(?), but his rifles are pretty distinct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    People keep arguing over the same crap and it gets old. People worship the same products, without any personal experience with the products, and that gets old. Someone with extensive experience with a particular product or technique gets bashed for posting their findings and that gets old.

It's understandable. I find myself logging on less than I have in the past.
    I post only when I have a question (because I don’t know much), or have an opportunity to say a kind or encouraging word.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I miss Molon and his posts here on m4c.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    In 2014, a RDS and a WML are pretty much mandatory for a defensive long-gun.

Lights are way easier to fire up than NODs when rolling out of bed.

Quote Originally Posted by SJC3081 View Post
    You should have your balls removed for posting such stupidity. This is not the other site...

Feedback Score
    Been away for a while myself due to work and school taking up more time plus a 2 1/2 year old son. Don't know about anyone on here in person, wish I did.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    A little food for thought here too. Quality vs. quantity.

Our best posts here (technical) come from those who post little. You sometimes see excellent info from some one who's name you've never seen and you can tell they are an engineer or something. This is the stuff that I come here for.

Other side of the coin, some of our highest post count members are not informative. They just spout off the same closely held beliefs over and over. Its not interesting. Quite honestly some of our highest post count members are some of the biggest detractors, to this site, to me.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ace4059 View Post
    I miss Molon and his posts here on m4c.
    Don't really miss him. While his posts on large-sample group sizes were good data, many of the rest weren't. Almost all of his product/barrel comparisons were completely subjective and never really compared anything objectively (i.e. using the scientific method). He had the habit of comparing used barrels vs new barrels, and of differing grades/production methods at the same time, with a predisposed bias. A broken-in, hand-lapped single-point-cut match grade barrel vs an unfired button-cut barrel, etc.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Funny story, I gave some input in a thread about smooth shooting setups a while back, and was ridiculed by other members because of something something gas port. Said barrel was suggested to me by a SME (3/75, E8) that served both in Mog, and the GWOT. He was a sniper in Mog, and competed in his time off. A proper mentor that I would work for anywhere, anytime, and if he had any input on my rifle setup, I would listen. I worked for him in Ar Ramadi and elsewhere.

We all need to learn when to shut the $&@% up. Seriously, shut the $&@? up.
    We had members here actually ridiculing the correct gas port size discussion, and saying retarded shit like "if 5.56 has too much recoil, go to the gym"
    , etc.
    I started to doubt this site when you have guys pissing on one of the most significant aspects of the M4 carbine and acting like it was a 3 gun homo modification to reduce recoil.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    We had members here actually ridiculing the correct gas port size discussion, and saying retarded shit like "if 5.56 has too much recoil, go to the gym"
    , etc.
    I started to doubt this site when you have guys pissing on one of the most significant aspects of the M4 carbine and acting like it was a 3 gun homo modification to reduce recoil.
    When I read that stuff, I literally guffawed and thought "WTF" to myself....

I enjoy the threads with honest, data-driven debate (on most any topic), but when it devolves into "oh, yeah...?? Well...", then I move on.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    i took like a two year break. did you all miss me?
    "If you're gonna be a bear...Be a ****ing Grizzly!"

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast