Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Members who have dropped off the radar:

Feedback Score
    In regards to the M4, M4C can be a good source to flesh out solid information gleaned from the GWOT.
    There are still a lot of controversial truths that remain untold due to the nature of industry NDA's. A lot of which are probably silly IMO.
    There are also a lot of discussions that turn into ego and emotional dramas.
    Many subjects and many interests are discussed here.
    One reason some of the same old subjects get brought up is that even though they were debated to death, a definitive conclusion was never reached. Just opinion.
    The more I have learned here about the current M4 platform the more i'm interested in sourcing brands known for quality manufacturing with high end qc processess and the less I'm interested in just the name/brand itself.
    Last edited by prepare; 10-10-19 at 19:52.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Double post.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    I notice Doc Savage is no longer posting. I do remember his last thread and how badly he was treated. It seems you have two types of people here. You have the military and law enforcement people and you have normal guys like me, and probably like Doc Savage. When there is a discussion, we have to hear military applications and "lessons" as if they are chizzled in stone. You military types think this is the final word and others should just shut up. Doc Savage asked questions and spurred debate which interested me. He evidently had a large ranch in Texas and raised situations which would arise in his life.

As I say, I was never in the military and never wanted to be in the military. I did not buy an AR to pack up and go to Afghanistan. I do want to here about real life USA home defense situations such as he discussed.

I think those who chased him away or made him go underground ought to be ashamed of themselves.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I can't believe I left Doc Safari out.

What I was really asking was, does anyone know those guys, are they okay?

Have they had some life-changing event that we could help with.

For example, Moose-Knuckle was on my ignore list, but I knew when he posted because of the way the forum is set up. I noticed he was gone, and because most of his action was in the GD area, I was surprised and wondered if perhaps he was the victim of an accident or illness. Because, even though we rarely agreed on anything, up until he burned the bridge, I thought it was a cordial relationship.

In any event, I wish him and others who have disappeared well, and would be more than glad to help with prayers, contributions, etc. if needed.

That was my goal, not a discussion of the ebb and flow of M4C.

Thanks!

So, who knows these guys, are they okay? What about Doc Safari?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    The only thing more annoying than an 'e-suicide' where people post a last manifesto before leaving, is them just leaving with out a good bye.

Decodediesel, ZDL, IRISH, Jaydoc1 and I'm sure a bunch of others. Frankly, I read posts more than look at names.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Bullseye View Post
    I notice Doc Savage is no longer posting. I do remember his last thread and how badly he was treated. It seems you have two types of people here. You have the military and law enforcement people and you have normal guys like me, and probably like Doc Savage. When there is a discussion, we have to hear military applications and "lessons" as if they are chizzled in stone. You military types think this is the final word and others should just shut up. Doc Savage asked questions and spurred debate which interested me. He evidently had a large ranch in Texas and raised situations which would arise in his life.

As I say, I was never in the military and never wanted to be in the military. I did not buy an AR to pack up and go to Afghanistan. I do want to here about real life USA home defense situations such as he discussed.

I think those who chased him away or made him go underground ought to be ashamed of themselves.
    You raise a couple salient points. When you say "You military types...", you start building a wall of your own volition. I venture to guess that aside from actually being in the military, there are many vets on here with whom I disagree about most things. We don't walk in lock-step. And not only is that OK, it is healthy. So, no, all of us "military types" DON'T think "this" is the final word. That said...we do have a unique perspective on employing this particular gun; many of us have seen things we thought would work (but didn't) and things that didn't work (but did). So we will be vocal about calling BS in that regard. If it is about opinion, people need to declare a modus vivendi and drive on. If it is about fact, then you should support it and not back down, vet or no vet.

I will also say, if ANY vets spews off anything thinking it is "chizzled in stone," you should overlook it. TTPs change often as they are applied, refined, or left to the wayside as an invention of the good idea fairy.

I do detest dog-piling and crap-flinging. It is childish, petty, and unprofessional, and if you see this, report it to a mod. I don't engage in it, and if I am victim of that (and I have been), I usually just leave that thread.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    You raise a couple salient points. When you say "You military types...", you start building a wall of your own volition. I venture to guess that aside from actually being in the military, there are many vets on here with whom I disagree about most things. We don't walk in lock-step. And not only is that OK, it is healthy. So, no, all of us "military types" DON'T think "this" is the final word. That said...we do have a unique perspective on employing this particular gun; many of us have seen things we thought would work (but didn't) and things that didn't work (but did). So we will be vocal about calling BS in that regard. If it is about opinion, people need to declare a modus vivendi and drive on. If it is about fact, then you should support it and not back down, vet or no vet.

I will also say, if ANY vets spews off anything thinking it is "chizzled in stone," you should overlook it. TTPs change often as they are applied, refined, or left to the wayside as an invention of the good idea fairy.

I do detest dog-piling and crap-flinging. It is childish, petty, and unprofessional, and if you see this, report it to a mod. I don't engage in it, and if I am victim of that (and I have been), I usually just leave that thread.
    Thank you. And Doc Safari (whom I misnamed Doc Savage---sorry Doc)? What about what happened to him?

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I miss Harv something or other from Wisconsin. A bunch of previous era guys bounced out and were posting weird ass stuff on the "bacon survival forums". Someone asked me to join but is was a bunch of inside humor and making fun of Costa. I didn't get any of it, and just wanted to talk about ARs and ammo.

One problem I see is that any new blood that comes along has their thread locked and they're told to use the search function. DUMB! It's not like there's so much conversation going on that we can't discuss old subjects again, and even possibly shed new light.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    They left- didnt just drop off the radar:
    Molon
    Docgkr

I thought Trident did- but just recently realized he changed his name.

Feedback Score
    They left- didnt just drop off the radar:
    Molon
    Docgkr

I thought Trident did- but just recently realized he changed his name.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast