Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Members who have dropped off the radar:

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I miss Harv something or other from Wisconsin. A bunch of previous era guys bounced out and were posting weird ass stuff on the "bacon survival forums". Someone asked me to join but is was a bunch of inside humor and making fun of Costa. I didn't get any of it, and just wanted to talk about ARs and ammo.

One problem I see is that any new blood that comes along has their thread locked and they're told to use the search function. DUMB! It's not like there's so much conversation going on that we can't discuss old subjects again, and even possibly shed new light.
    I agree re: dog-piling on new folks with questions regarding the search feature. I understand not wanting to spoon-feed people everything all the time, but if the only input people are going to have is to yell at people and tell them to use the search function, why would what they want to stick around? Maybe they don't even know how to ask the question. New members and new gun owners a new shooters should be mentored.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I'm on here but don't post as much as I used to because I have less time - my son is now 11 and I'm spending more time with him now than when he was little and could be left alone for hours playing with Legos. Now that he's competing in rock climbing, we're at the climbing gym 4x a week, for about 3 hours each time, so that's 12 hrs a week that I used to have that I don't have now. We also just started home schooling him as well, so it's a lot more work. But I still enjoy being part of this community and contributing when I can.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by militarymoron View Post
    I'm on here but don't post as much as I used to because I have less time - my son is now 11 and I'm spending more time with him now than when he was little and could be left alone for hours playing with Legos. Now that he's competing in rock climbing, we're at the climbing gym 4x a week, for about 3 hours each time, so that's 12 hrs a week that I used to have that I don't have now. We also just started home schooling him as well, so it's a lot more work. But I still enjoy being part of this community and contributing when I can.
    We homeschool our 6 kids. Homeschooling...will keep you busy.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    10 years ago, I discovered this forum. I chose not to post for 8 of those years, because of the SME’s, some of which I knew personally. There was simply nothing that I could contribute that someone else had not already relayed. I just opened it from time to time to learn. I was new to using the internet for anything but work or pron. This site is where I learned to do my first “build”. I came here to learn, not to post endless chatter.

I’m certain that I am not one of the “missed” members, but I occasionally duck off for 1-8weeks, to reduce my posts per day (because it waters down anything I might have to say), work on my harem, shoot, lack of bandwidth, or simply have better stuff to do. I also get silly drunk and say crazy shit just for fun occasionally, as most of you know.

Funny story, I gave some input in a thread about smooth shooting setups a while back, and was ridiculed by other members because of something something gas port. Said barrel was suggested to me by a SME (3/75, E8) that served both in Mog, and the GWOT. He was a sniper in Mog, and competed in his time off. A proper mentor that I would work for anywhere, anytime, and if he had any input on my rifle setup, I would listen. I worked for him in Ar Ramadi and elsewhere.

We all need to learn when to shut the $&@% up. Seriously, shut the $&@? up.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    LOL - I think 6 kids would keep you busy; homeschooled or not.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I miss Harv something or other from Wisconsin. A bunch of previous era guys bounced out and were posting weird ass stuff on the "bacon survival forums". Someone asked me to join but is was a bunch of inside humor and making fun of Costa. I didn't get any of it, and just wanted to talk about ARs and ammo.

One problem I see is that any new blood that comes along has their thread locked and they're told to use the search function. DUMB! It's not like there's so much conversation going on that we can't discuss old subjects again, and even possibly shed new light.
    I think a lot of us are split on that. I agree with the post above (chuckman IIRC) that the same old shit gets old. If there’s actually new stuff to discuss that’s one thing, but a lot of times it’s purely out of laziness that some new guy comes along and asks what optic to get. Doesn’t even state a purpose, budget, etc until prompted. There’s probably half a dozen of those already here that still have relevant answers, but people can’t be bothered to look first. That’s super annoying and as was said, I no longer answer because it’s a waste of time since they can’t be bothered to help themselves first. Obviously, there is a balance that needs to be struck because people will discover new things even with equipment that’s been out for a while, but more often than not, I think those threads just turn to noise.

Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    They left- didnt just drop off the radar:
    Molon
    Docgkr

I thought Trident did- but just recently realized he changed his name.
    Those two are definitely missed. I thought the same thing about ALCAOR(?), but his rifles are pretty distinct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Cool

G-D has actually loosened up over the years. I didn't DARE post in there the first few years I was here; lotsa folks keep it interesting these days.

I'm actually shooting MORE now, but the things I learned 10 years ago I practice routinely - but wouldn't - if I hadn't FIRST learned them here. I am still learning about the new hotness of Mloks, and my Bren 805 was obsolete before I bought it, so I've always got something new to learn here. I JUST learned how to build flashlights out of long discontinued Surefire parts, on a 10 year old thread here recently!

I also disagree with some of Firefly's thoughts... but I LIVE for reading how he's going to phrase them.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    When I have time, I usually try to post links to previous quality threads that cover the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    I think a lot of us are split on that. I agree with the post above (chuckman IIRC) that the same old shit gets old. If there’s actually new stuff to discuss that’s one thing, but a lot of times it’s purely out of laziness that some new guy comes along and asks what optic to get. Doesn’t even state a purpose, budget, etc until prompted. There’s probably half a dozen of those already here that still have relevant answers, but people can’t be bothered to look first. That’s super annoying and as was said, I no longer answer because it’s a waste of time since they can’t be bothered to help themselves first. Obviously, there is a balance that needs to be struck because people will discover new things even with equipment that’s been out for a while, but more often than not, I think those threads just turn to noise.
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    Fairly certain you belong out here in UT. NC bred and born so you'd be following suit.

How's the Old North State these days? Have the Yankees completed the takeover?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    As for the SEARCH button..I never find anything I want or need, have never known why.
    Always have to preface my question with " Ive checked the search button & couldnt find anything on this" or the keyboard commandos will knock one another down over who gets to post "USE THE SEARCH BUTTON" first.
    FFS- unless its another lube post or some other thing covered 1000 times here already, just answer the f-in question already..if you dont know...STFU.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast