Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Airstrikes launched as Turkey begins northern Syria military operation

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Airstrikes launched as Turkey begins northern Syria military operation

I'm conflicted by this latest move also know the full details are obscured by the media no doubt.

We wouldn't be there in the first place if not due to the total incompetence of the prior admin who attempted to arm the "moderate" rebels as if there was such a thing in that region. We never should have been there in the first place and Trump did run on getting 'Muricans out of these forever wars created by prior admins, and unlike that last bunch for decades on decades, actually appears to be following through with what he ran on. Is the timing wrong? I don't know.

I think we should support the Kurds as best we can, but we're not the police or rulers of the region either. We could offer the Kurds CAS if the Turks attack, but the Turks are also supposed to be allies and such (they aint, but that's another topic...) but for obvious reasons, bombing the Turks would be bad mojo.

Is this the right/wrong time to leave? If not now, when?

"Turkey has launched its military operation in northern Syria, with airstrikes hitting the border towns of Ras al Ain and Tell Abaid.

Turkish president Tayyip Recep Erdogan confirmed the news on Twitter, writing: "Our aim is to destroy the terror corridor which is trying to be established on our southern border and to bring peace and peace to the region.

"With Peace Spring Operation, we will eliminate the terrorist threat to our country. Thanks to the SAFE ZONE we will establish, we will ensure that Syrian refugees return to their countries."

https://news.sky.com/story/airstrike...tion-11831129?
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    It's always the right time to leave.

What fate does, or does not, befall the Kurds is of no concern of me or mine. Our adventurism in MENA creates more problems than it solves.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Turkey is committing genocide against the Kurds while the rest of the world watches. The US is not the world's police force, but NATO and the UN should bring pressure against Turkey for the actions.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    Turkey is committing genocide against the Kurds while the rest of the world watches. The US is not the world's police force, but NATO and the UN should bring pressure against Turkey for the actions.
    Seems a tad early in the game for such assessments of the current situation.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    Nothing new... been going on for years.

On topic: This has been brewing for some time now. I am kind of surprised it has taken them thos long.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The Turks have never shied away from publicly stating their desire to eradicate the Kurdish people. They would have already done so had we not intervened previously.

https://news.yahoo.com/militants-hit...062612736.html
    Last edited by TexHill; 10-09-19 at 11:09.
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I'd think the 41 years since 1978 is enough time.

Fck the turks. People say the Israelis are our only ally in the region, they are self serving to say the least. The kurds should be who we support int his region not Israel. That said, enough is enough. Its time to come home, let god sort them out.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TexHill View Post
    The Turks have never shied away from publicly stating their desire to eradicate the Kurdish people.

https://news.yahoo.com/militants-hit...062612736.html
    What did i post in the OP that differs? Some bombs landing is not = "Turkey is committing genocide against the Kurds while the rest of the world watches" watches. That's not to say that can't/wont happen, etc, but again, getting a tad ahead of yourself it seems.

The Q is, how do we prevent that from happening? Perhaps there's some back end mechanizations taking place on behalf of the Kurds from our side?

I don't know the answers but hoping it's not as cut and dry as the media and general TDS types are claiming.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by docsherm View Post
    Nothing new... been going on for years.

On topic: This has been brewing for some time now. I am kind of surprised it has taken them thos long.
    What, for the Turks to attack? I'm assuming our footprint in the area was what prevented that no? Have we just green lighted a full on push to wipe the Kurds out by Turkey?
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    I didn't think we had that many personnel left in that area? Maybe less than 100 Special Operations soldiers doing target identification for air strikes and advisers.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast