Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Airstrikes launched as Turkey begins northern Syria military operation

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Erdogan is a mini Hitler and is absolutely willing to commit genocide against ethnic groups like the Kurds. This kind of mindset is embedded deeply in Turkey's history and cultural DNA. Check out the history of the Armenian genocide; one of horrors of the 20th century that is often overlooked due to the Holocaust and the fact it's in a region we didn't much care about at the time. In fact we still don't acknowledge what happened in 1915 as a 'genocide' and this is likely because of our alliance with Turkey. Now they're doing it again, and hiding behind their status as "NATO ally" to get away with murder, literally.

Use every peaceful means possible--NATO, UN--to bring Turkey to its knees. Including pulling all economic aid, and economic sanctions. And meanwhile offer direct humanitarian aid to the Kurds. If that fails, use air power to establish a real "safe zone" in northern Syria. Don't want to see boots on the ground either, I'm sick to death of that whole region and sending our young countrymen to die there, only to have our gains lost the moment we leave and the next terrorist, psychotic mullah, or tin-pot dictator steps up to replace the previous ones. But IMHO we should also not sit idly by while an entire people group is being wiped out, when we have the means to help in some ways other than combat troops on the ground.
    Last edited by maximus83; 10-09-19 at 11:18.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I'd think the 41 years since 1978 is enough time.

Fck the turks. People say the Israelis are our only ally in the region, they are self serving to say the least. The kurds should be who we support int his region not Israel. That said, enough is enough. Its time to come home, let god sort them out.
    That's always been a goal of Turkey is known for sure, and how/why the Turks are NATO "allies" is a mystery to me, but that's a another topic really.
    Last edited by WillBrink; 10-09-19 at 12:25.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    I didn't think we had that many personnel left in that area? Maybe less than 100 Special Operations soldiers doing target identification for air strikes.
    Trump said around 50
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by maximus83 View Post
    Erdogan is a mini Hitler and is absolutely willing to commit genocide against ethnic groups like the Kurds. This kind of mindset is embedded deeply in Turkey's history and cultural DNA. Check out the history of the Armenian genocide; one of horrors of the 20th century that is often overlooked due to the Holocaust and the fact it's in a region we didn't much care about at the time. In fact we still don't acknowledge what happened in 1915 as a 'genocide' and this is likely because of our alliance with Turkey. Now they're doing it again, and hiding behind their status as "NATO ally" to get away with murder, literally.

Use every peaceful means possible--NATO, UN--to bring Turkey to its knees. Including pulling all economic aid, and economic sanctions. And meanwhile offer direct humanitarian aid to the Kurds. If that fails, use air power to establish a real "safe zone" in northern Syria. Don't want to see boots on the ground either, I'm sick to death of that whole region and sending our young countrymen to die there, only to have our gains lost the moment we live and the next terrorist, psychotic mullah, or tin-pot dictator steps up to replace the previous ones. But IMHO we should also not sit idly by while an entire people group is being wiped out, when we have the means to help in some ways other than combat troops on the ground.
    Not claiming otherwise and the fact is, don't think there's any country in the region unwilling to commit genocide against ethnic groups. They're all fu%ed and about 500-1000 years behind the west in that and other respects.
    - Will

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by WillBrink View Post
    What did i post in the OP that differs? Some bombs landing is not = "Turkey is committing genocide against the Kurds while the rest of the world watches" watches. That's not to say that can't/wont happen, etc, but again, getting a tad ahead of yourself it seems.

The Q is, how do we prevent that from happening? Perhaps there's some back end mechanizations taking place on behalf of the Kurds from our side?

I don't know the answers but hoping it's not as cut and dry as the media and general TDS types are claiming.
    The Turks are shelling Kurdish villages solely on the basis of their ethnicity. How many Kurds have to die before you call it genocide?
    A person who is not inwardly prepared for the use of violence against him is always weaker than the person committing the violence. - Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn, The Gulag Archipelago

Feedback Score
    Are there ever any permanent solutions to problems in that part of the world from a western perspective? If we had carved out a section of northeastern Syria and northern Iraq and called it the Nation of Kurdistan, with special enclaves for the Yazidis ethnic group, it would have required a permanent US military base there just to provide security. Is that something the American public wants? I feel sorry for the Kurds and the Yazidis people, and we probably will see their destruction, but ultimately is a permanent US presence there in OUR best interest?

I have mixed feelings on all of this.
    Last edited by OH58D; 10-09-19 at 12:26.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TMS951 View Post
    I'd think the 41 years since 1978 is enough time.

Fck the turks. People say the Israelis are our only ally in the region, they are self serving to say the least. The kurds should be who we support int his region not Israel. That said, enough is enough. Its time to come home, let god sort them out.
    I have said in another thread that I have a friend who spent 30 years in the intelligence community, all of which in the middle east, who said the only people he trusts less than the Israelis are the Turkish.

As for the Kurds, they're like every other ethnic group in every other region, we will support them when it's convenient to us, and leave them to die when it's not. Doesn't make it right or wrong, it is what it is. Native Americans, montagnards, mujahideen, the list goes on and on.

Once upon a time everyone knew where Turkey stood. Not any longer. Are they pro Iranian? Pro-Russian? Neither?

As for this particular operation, I'm watching with a wary eye. I really do not trust their desire to destroy a corridor of terror than them seizing an opportunity to get rid of people they don't like and arm rebels they do.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I guess we will see what spineless Trump does when they cross his redline....

"ohhh noooesss! We will ban fish imports from Turkey! That is what my monumental intelligence tells me to do."

Feedback Score
    274 (99%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Damage View Post
    I guess we will see what spineless Trump does when they cross his redline....

"ohhh noooesss! We will ban fish imports from Turkey! That is what my monumental intelligence tells me to do."
    Why would we care? Turkey and the US have the same goal in that area. They need to go in as they are not hamstrung by a bunch of libtards.
    In no way do I make any money from anyone related to the firearms industry.

"I have never heard anyone say after a firefight that I wish that I had not taken so much ammo.", ME

"Texas can make it without the United States, but the United States can't make it without Texas !", General Sam Houston

Feedback Score
    The U.S. screwing our allies is nothing new, especially with this administration. I'm surprised anyone works with us anymore frankly.

Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast