Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920

Thread: Airstrikes launched as Turkey begins northern Syria military operation

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    You are conflating two things. Quotes that show a concern for too much power to make war by the Executive can't be used against something Congress voted for.

Congress voting, by whatever name or process they see fit, fulfills the requirement that war be declared by Congress.

The Supreme Court can only decide if Congress is using a power given to them under the Constitution, not how they decide to use it or what words they have to use. (Unless it's a law that infringes upon other Rights) Here again you conflate, a real question of the President's emergency power vs Congress's power to declare war, with something Congress has authorized.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Interesting that strident critic Graham is now saying (Sunday shows) that Syria is turning out not so bad and may become an historic win. Maybe the Kurds, Syria and Turkey can find an agreeable balance and control ISIS by themselves without us romping around the countryside.
    It is in vain, sir, to extenuate the matter. Gentlemen may cry, Peace, Peace but there is no peace. The war is actually begun! ... Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery? Forbid it, Almighty God! I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!" - Patrick Henry in an address at St. John’s Church, Richmond, Virginia, on March 23, 1775.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Trump just announced a "permanent" cease fire in Syria between the Turks and Kurds.. I know next to nothing about all of this, but this is good news.

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10181920