Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Budget/"Beater" Shotguns

Feedback Score
    I would choose a bead sight over those rifle sights any day, but the only thing is I don’t believe they make any 18 inch barrels for the Supernova, I only have seen the ghost rings and the rifle sights that they offer, which is a downside. Would take the bead any day. I guess I could just put some aftermarket bead set up on.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    What everybody else is saying... Skip the ghost ring sights.

If you must, then get the "rifle" sights, and then remove them and just use a bead on the short barrel.

I faced the same dilemma last year, and I bought a "field" M2 with a 21" barrel for "social" purposes and then a 28" "field" barrel for trap and whatever. Both have a simple fiber-optic bead.
    That sounds like a good idea. I’ll probably just do that.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bimmer View Post
    If you must, then get the "rifle" sights, and then remove them and just use a bead on the short barrel.
    I was going to ask if the rear was removable. My Nova was a FO bead, but it was also a 26" barrel.

O/P the Nova is a helluva pump gun. I'd definitely go with the Comfortech stock since it's adjustable. However IF the regular Nova stock fits you, you can save some coin. If you are shooting waterfowl magnums you might quite like that Comfortech tho. I upgraded to a Vinci or I'd still have that Nova. Slickest action I've ever felt, the magazine cutoff is a neat add, and Benelli build quality stomps everything USA made. Sad but true.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Just got an email from Sarco today. They have a semi-auto for $150.00. Never heard of the brand though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Either a 870 or Mossberg 500.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Aperture sights on a shotgun are slower but more accurate than a bead.
    Yeah, more accurate, but what's the point, unless you're shooting slugs through a rifled barrel?

Even the fancy "FliteControl" buckshot makes 5-6" patterns at 25yds...

Quote Originally Posted by MAUSER88 View Post
    Just got an email from Sarco today. They have a semi-auto for $150.00. Never heard of the brand though.
    I wouldn't wish a $150 no-name semi-auto on my worst enemy...

Feedback Score
    Just wanted to let y'all know that I picked up a Rock Island M5 Saturday for only $200 out of the door. I didn't plan on buying anything while I was there, but I saw they had an M5 and from the research I had done, it was about as solid a gun for the money at that price range as you can get for performance. Of course there are a few little imperfections such as a little overmolding on the stock, one or two little bitty nicks and scratches here and there, but for the price, I consider it a great buy. It satisfies my needs, while also being below my budget. I'll spend the difference on an extended magazine tube and some extra shells to break it in and get a little feel for it. If anyone wants to see a few pictures of it, I'll post them too.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345