Thread: 1/2-28 to M14.5-1 LH adaptor

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)

1/2-28 to M14.5-1 LH adaptor

So got a suppressor from work to try on my 9mm AR upper barrel. I have 1/2-28 threading and our 20 year old knights .40 suppressor has M14.5-1 LH for our .40 hk's. Having trouble finding an adapter to fit it. I can find them for M14 but not M14.5. Only real option going to be a custom machine shop job. The suppressors are welded completely and can not be disassembled.

Also would giving them a good soak in a sonic cleaner clean out the years of mag dumps on full auto. They are pretty nasty on the inside and a few have exit baffle hits from shooting them loose.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    So got a suppressor from work to try on my 9mm AR upper barrel. I have 1/2-28 threading
    Are you sure it's not 1/2-36RH? 9mm AR15 barrels are supposed to be 1/2-36RH. Either way I don't think you're going to find that adapter.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    CMMG barrel. Sight says it is threaded for 1/2-28 and I have a flash can on there now that came off a .223. Maybe have to hit the college machine shop for a little time on the lathes.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Maybe re-thread the can? KAC or DIY...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    CMMG barrel. Sight says it is threaded for 1/2-28 and I have a flash can on there now that came off a .223.
    So the internal diameter of the flash can is large enough for the 9mm bullet to pass through? It wouldn't be that way for most flash hiders.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Yes the flash can is a kak and they say it is large enough to pass a 9mm. Took it off and passed a whole 9mm round through it with plenty of room. Have shot 4 30 rd mags through it no problems.

No go on the rethreading of the can. Department can and will most likely die with the hk's if they ever decide do something with them. Went to 16" rock rivers when police were afraid of being outgunned but the 20 y/o hk's needed some serious overhaul work. The team guys are missing the convience of the short guns when room clearing. They took the cans away from the guys with hk's so they could "inventory" everything. Pretty sure the boss has one still in his possession.