11.5" BCM upper. Carbine length gas. BCM lower, H buffer. M4-2000 suppressor

Hornady 55 gr V-max .223 are causing rifle to short stroke every now and then, sometimes even dragging the next round into the chamber and crushing it between bolt face and feed ramps. Bolt almost never held open on last round. I was checking out the V-max thinking it should be a better bullet for a hog hunt that I'm going on this weekend.

I have +/- 2500 rounds of M855 through this rifle flawlessly; suppressed and unsuppressed. FWIW I had my 16" S&W with H buffer not short stroke the V-max once and always held bolt open on last round. I guess the 4.5" more dwell time helped. I could kick myself because I had a carbine buffer at the range with me. I could have tossed it in the BCM and checked if that would be my fix right then.

Should I just stick with the M855 for shooting hogs, or swap to a carbine buffer and use the V-max? I want to just bring one rifle and the BCM is already set up for the suppressor. I won't have time to get to the range again before the trip. And once I'm there, it's not really a place to put a carbine through it's paces. It's a high fence deer ranch. Flinging brass all over the place and making noise will not be on the agenda.

Is there anything else I'm missing to look into? All mags acted the same on the BCM and all mags worked perfect on the S&W. It's got to be the .223 55gr load short stroking the SBR.