Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownell's BRN-10A Review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Brownell's quietly added a "Portuguese style" forend to the list of available parts.

Too bad there's no perforated metal section. Combine half plastic/half metal forend with the birdcage flash hider and we'd be almost there....

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod132466.aspx

Still, this new forend should allow a rifle that's quite close to this in appearance:

Last edited by Tokarev; 12-17-19 at 13:47.
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    What’s the picture from?

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the update - that is cool.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Brownell's quietly added a "Portuguese style" forend to the list of available parts.

Too bad there's no perforated metal section. Combine half plastic/half metal forend with the birdcage flash hider and we'd be almost there....

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod132466.aspx

Still, this new forend should allow a rifle that's quite close to this in appearance:

I think maybe next time Brownells.com has one of those 10% off sales I might get a carbine kit. Or at least an upper. Piece together a complete rifle over the course of several orders.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Something like this:

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Mine continues to be a solid performer

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrgunsngear View Post

I REALLY want this rifle. It's #2 on my list of rifles to buy queue.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    I REALLY want this rifle. It's #2 on my list of rifles to buy queue.
    Same. But then I think I could just invest in more modern LMT/KAC stuff.

Then again they are so classy...more elegant than any crude M14. I wish they would mill a scope set like the old Dutch/Portuguese ones. Granted they were fairly rare but still....

Feedback Score
    I loaned Brownells an entire Sudanese front end, mostly to help them get the front sight base right. They had previously been using a FSB very similar to the AR15. I offered the project manager the loan of a sniper upper but he passed. It seems Brownells had its own plan for scoping their retro AR10.

The Dutch manufacturer (AI) very much wanted to marked semi-autos in the US but at first had no understanding of NFA issues. And back in 1958 the ATF had not yet decided what a semi-auto black rifle would look like. I have an atf classification letter written in 1959 that demanded that the AR10 semi auto:
    1) could not accept military magazines,
    2) had to have a steel sear block pin,
    3) could not be stamped AR10.

By today's ATF regulations that Transitional AR10 carbine would have met the 16" barrel standard if the compensator would have been permanently attached to the barrel. (I measured 16.2")

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast