Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Brownell's BRN-10A Review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Brownell's BRN-10A Review

Here's a review published on the NRA's Shooting Illustrated website. As one of the comments notes, it is more of a history lesson. I guess it should be?

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...wnells-brn-10/

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Here's a review published on the NRA's Shooting Illustrated website. As one of the comments notes, it is more of a history lesson. I guess it should be?

https://www.shootingillustrated.com/...wnells-brn-10/

I just saw that this morning. AND I just ordered my BRN-10A YESTERDAY. Looking forward to it! I'll bide my time waiting by reading Joseph Putnam Evans great history of the AR-10.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM Engineer View Post
    I just saw that this morning. AND I just ordered my BRN-10A YESTERDAY. Looking forward to it! I'll bide my time waiting by reading Joseph Putnam Evans great history of the AR-10.
    I have seen some mixed reports. Some guys are saying that the guns are now shipping with updated retro furniture while others are getting the incorrect M16 pistol grip. Mags are apparently the old stock of 308 M16 looking aluminum. I suppose that will continue until supplies run out.

Let us know what you think once you receive it.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    I have seen some mixed reports. Some guys are saying that the guns are now shipping with updated retro furniture while others are getting the incorrect M16 pistol grip. Mags are apparently the old stock of 308 M16 looking aluminum. I suppose that will continue until supplies run out.

Let us know what you think once you receive it.

Yeah, I had asked Brownells via chat if the guns were now shipping with the updated pistol grip and magazines, and was told they did. BUT I've been pretty sure I won't know the truth until I open the box.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Yeah, I had asked Brownells via chat if the guns were now shipping with the updated pistol grip and magazines...
    That is good news. The aluminum waffle mags are pretty much spot on. Big thumbs up on those.

Feedback Score
    A nice lesson in the rifle's history. Thank you.
    passing the point of diminishing returns.

Feedback Score
    I really need to get one of these ASAP

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Finally picked mine up. it came with a steel,non-waffle magazine, hand guards without heat shields, and an A2 grip installed, but with an AR10 grip in the box. Also an extra rear aperture that I’m not sure what the point of is.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Finally picked mine up. it came with a steel,non-waffle magazine, hand guards without heat shields, and an A2 grip installed, but with an AR10 grip in the box. Also an extra rear aperture that I’m not sure what the point of is.
    I am not sure about the whole breakdown on the issues of sight height but I think the early guns were shooting higher than most people liked at 100 yards. I imagine that rear sight is the answer.

The steel waffle mag seems to be a good compromise. Not as authentic in appearance as the aluminum waffle (shallower pattern) but it should be quite a bit more useful.

The newer style handguard is available for purchase but I don't think it'll do much to stop heat transfer. It sits right against the inside of the plastic. If anything it is more of a cosmetic thing.

Anyway, let us know how the rifle works. I hope you enjoy it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Brownell's quietly added a "Portuguese style" forend to the list of available parts.

Too bad there's no perforated metal section. Combine half plastic/half metal forend with the birdcage flash hider and we'd be almost there....

https://www.brownells.com/rifle-part...rod132466.aspx

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast