Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Brownell's BRN-10A Review

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHollow View Post
    I loaned Brownells an entire Sudanese front end...
    Did you talk with them about a Portuguese forend? I think that would be pretty popular.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokarev View Post
    Did you talk with them about a Portuguese forend? I think that would be pretty popular.
    I pleaded for a Portuguese handguard system and they replied by giving me an early drawing of their longer Porto style plastic handguards. Those Brownells folks are still in business for a reason and weight the economics of everything they do. The Porto heat shields are just too complex and expensive to make as an aluminum stamping.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HHollow View Post
    I pleaded for a Portuguese handguard system and they replied by giving me an early drawing of their longer Porto style plastic handguards. Those Brownells folks are still in business for a reason and weight the economics of everything they do. The Porto heat shields are just too complex and expensive to make as an aluminum stamping.
    I'm sure cost would be prett high although they might be able to do something else. Maybe a machined aluminum liner with slots and then brown plastic riveted on.

At some point we'd have to ask what the market would bear. If such a product was $400 per set sales would be terrible.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123