Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: WFT vs. WCT case trimmer experience? Heck, Lee too

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

WFT vs. WCT case trimmer experience? Heck, Lee too

Does anyone have experience with WFT, WCT, or the Lee trim/chamfer/debur trimmers?

WCT clearly states chamfer and debur is necessary. WFT is usually reviewed as not requiring any steps after trimming, but their website says inside changer is sometimes needed. So what is the norm on these?

And the Lee 3 in 1? Reviews are iffy on this one. But, based on experience from years ago, that can come from people that never used the Lee tool in question or were extremely pre-biased even if they did try it.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-10-19 at 09:46.

Feedback Score
    I use the WFT for several cartridges, and give each case a twist on a chamfering tool.

Having used the Lee pilot trimmer and the RCBS lathe-type trimmer, I would never go back from WFT. However, I ordered the version 2 with interchangeable trim chambers. If I were to do it over, I would get the cartridge specific trimmer. Set it and forget it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have seen others recommend the original WFT over the WFT2 for that exact reason.

I have the Lee piloted trimmer and prefer it over the RCBS lathe I started out with for KISS...never have been able to keep RCBS locking mechanisms locked.

The Lee Quick Trim is the single step one that caught my attention.

https://leeprecision.com/case-condit...rimming-tools/
    Last edited by jsbhike; 10-10-19 at 12:21.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have used Possum Hollow and WCT, never had a WFT but is similar. The main difference of WCT is a delrin (or some plastic) body vs metal. That doesn't seem to matter.

Other than a press-mounted power trimmer like a Dillon RCT1500, I don't think there is anything faster to do large batches (500+ at once) than PH, WCT, or WFT on a cordless drill. Chamfer & debur steps are needed - you get a nice square cut, but does need debur.

Not sure what the Lee 3 in 1 trimmer is. I use the Lee pilot trimmers with the drill adapter. They're ok, but I find them a little too slow for large batches.

Ultimately I think it depends on your goal. You trying to be extremely precise for accuracy loads or are you filling 50 cal cans of training 223 at a time?
    I can drink a quart of monkey and still stand still...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    My main goal is to pick up the pace versus the Lee piloted trimmer, which WCT & WFT both seem to accomplish.

If the WFT totally knocked out the chamfer and debur step(as some claim) it would be worth the extra $50 over the WCT to me.

Feedback Score
    IIRC the WFT index off of the shoulder to trim result in some case length differences.it does a great job of deburing though. Not to mention it get kinda rough on your fingers holding all of those cases.
    For hoser ammo, I now use the Dillion rapid trimmer and for precision I use a Forster trimmer.

Feedback Score
    There is also the GIRAUD TRI-WAY TRIMMER

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think WFT and WCT both index off the shoulder.

Giraud isn't as bad as insinuated. Would have swore I read a review that those were $300+

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    I think WFT and WCT both index off the shoulder.

Giraud isn't as bad as insinuated. Would have swore I read a review that those were $300+
    There are two versions. The one similar to the WFT/WFT is about $100.

The other version, power trimmer, is about $500.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Have a WFT it went dull after about 3,000 cases and apparently Little Crow Gunworks considers that a "lifetime" worth of trimming because they will not replace the cutter.

But performance wise I generally always had to chamfer the mouth but never really needed to deburr (before it went completely dull anyway).

Doing it over again I would probably buy a Giraud 3 Way.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast