Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ruger Makes an AR Pistol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ruger Makes an AR Pistol

https://www.ruger.com/products/ar556Pistol/models.html

Ruger has finally gotten into the AR pistol market. They're about the last ones to do so. Well, except for Colt I guess.

Anyway, I have had decent luck with my Ruger AR-556. Granted about all that's left that's Ruger is the upper and lower. Maybe the buffer tube. And I wish Ruger would have done this with the SR-556 TD series. I think a takedown AR pistol with a barrel in 5.56 and another in 300 BLK would be a fun toy.

“The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Are we supposed to be excited? An also ran manufacturer building what is surely an also ran AR pistol. I will call it bad if not fake news. Who GAS?
    Last edited by GH41; 03-28-19 at 06:01.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Are we supposed to be exited? An also ran manufacturer building what is surely an also ran AR pistol. I will call it bad if not fake news. Who GAS?
    Can someone translate this please?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Five_Point_Five_Six View Post
    Can someone translate this please?
    I believe it means Gives a Pooh.

There are so many choices out there at all price points that introducing a new AR pistol/rifle without some innovative feature isn't likely to garner a lot of enthusiasm from us internet commandos.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I kinda like it, considering that you will probably be able to buy this for $599 or less in the open market. Another nice option for the general gun buying public, even though it may not appeal to everyone.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    This will result in all the fudds and neckbeards buying them and posting youtube videos of themselves acting like idiots in public until braces are banned.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Nah, Springfield already makes a Saint pistol and PSA has all kinds of pistols so that market share is pretty saturated already. Nothing new here.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by grizzlyblake View Post
    Nah, Springfield already makes a Saint pistol and PSA has all kinds of pistols so that market share is pretty saturated already. Nothing new here.
    Good point, but I would say a lot more people recognize Ruger as a brand and Ruger spends a lot more money on advertising.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    When a Gun Maker Proposed Gun Control

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/02/09/b...n-control.html

Good article.

How long did it take them after the AWB sunset to produce the 25rd 10/22 mag? A decade?

“Not the same company” my ass.

Hard pass on both ethical and technical reasons.

Oh and while we’re at it - Troy sucks too.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 03-28-19 at 09:44.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    This will result in all the fudds and neckbeards buying them and posting youtube videos of themselves acting like idiots in public until braces are banned.
    Now way, most of that crowd already has 2 or 3 80% lowers they routered out and installed the cheapest parts available from that ongoing PSA sale, doobtube done learned 'em how with just a 2x4, pipe wrench and 16d nail.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast