Thread: Wedgelock vs Stealth 2.0

Feedback Score

Wedgelock vs Stealth 2.0

Looking at upper receivers and hand guards for a couple new builds and want to try something other than a URX or HK / Geissele interface. This brings me to a Zev/Triarc/SOLGW wedgelock with receiver pin versus the Larue stealth 2.0 setup. Left Hodge out of the mix as they are unobtanium at this point. SOLGW has the 6061 and 7075 wedgelock variants. Not sure what material the stealth is made from. Of these options options, which is the better, stronger, stiffer, setup and why?

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    I don't think you're going to get a better interface than the URX4 integrated barrel nut without going to a monolithic platform.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 36trap View Post
    Looking at upper receivers and hand guards for a couple new builds and want to try something other than a URX or HK / Geissele interface. This brings me to a Zev/Triarc/SOLGW wedgelock with receiver pin versus the Larue stealth 2.0 setup. Left Hodge out of the mix as they are unobtanium at this point. SOLGW has the 6061 and 7075 wedgelock variants. Not sure what material the stealth is made from. Of these options options, which is the better, stronger, stiffer, setup and why?
    Unlike the larue, the wedgelock doesnt require a wonky proprietary receiver. The antirotation pin on the wedge is optional or you can just drill a hole into any receiver if you really wanted to.

If you are getting the larue you might as well buy a monolithic design if you want maximum stiffness.

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    Has anyone heard any details about the *new* Hodge Defense handguards that will be coming out?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggy View Post
    Has anyone heard any details about the *new* Hodge Defense handguards that will be coming out?
    I got a look at it. Think of it as a blend between the wedge lock and pinch lock. It looks like it will be a nice set up.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedyz View Post
    I got a look at it. Think of it as a blend between the wedge lock and pinch lock. It looks like it will be a nice set up.
    Any pics or did you have to knock on some door in a dark alley and know the secret password to see it?