Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LMT MWS vs DD5V4

Feedback Score
    I have a DD5V1 and really like it. I don't run it suppressed, but it is accurate, reliable, balances well, and isn't too heavy. Whatever coating is on the BCG sure makes it easier to clean.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My suggestion would be to get the LMT MWS. I got mine for $2,000 directly from LMT on sale.

Great feature set. Well proven battle rifle. Excellent accuracy.

I'm running mine with the 20" SS barrel and had it out today to test various commercial loads with it. Here's my best group of the day, with Prime .308 175gr HPBT .39 MOA group. Federal GMM 175 SMK gave me .5-.6. Prime 168gr ... under an inch, but nowhere nearly as good in my rifle as Prime 175gr. Surprisingly, American Eagle 168gr OTM, said to be made for the M1A, gave me .7-.8. Go figure!

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 5.37.11 PM.jpg
    Last edited by CAMagnussen; 11-24-19 at 17:42.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    supressed issues were gen 1 apparently but now, no issues
    battle proven rifle that is reliable, rugged, damn near indestructible and shoots everything you feed it
    accurate, precision quality accuracy
    barrel change ability
    superb QA and CS

I mean look, DD is nice but LMT is proven on the field of battle where it matters and end user report/grading is off the charts

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    My suggestion would be to get the LMT MWS. I got mine for $2,000 directly from LMT on sale.

Great feature set. Well proven battle rifle. Excellent accuracy.

I'm running mine with the 20" SS barrel and had it out today to test various commercial loads with it. Here's my best group of the day, with Prime .308 175gr HPBT .39 MOA group. Federal GMM 175 SMK gave me .5-.6. Prime 168gr ... under an inch, but nowhere nearly as good in my rifle as Prime 175gr. Surprisingly, American Eagle 168gr OTM, said to be made for the M1A, gave me .7-.8. Go figure!

Screen Shot 2019-11-24 at 5.37.11 PM.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by RUTGERS95 View Post
    supressed issues were gen 1 apparently but now, no issues
    battle proven rifle that is reliable, rugged, damn near indestructible and shoots everything you feed it
    accurate, precision quality accuracy
    barrel change ability
    superb QA and CS

I mean look, DD is nice but LMT is proven on the field of battle where it matters and end user report/grading is off the charts
    Do either of you run yours suppressed?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...as-tubes/page2

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Do either of you run yours suppressed?

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread...as-tubes/page2
    I do not

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)
    LMT. Love mine, plural. Biased, with no knowledge of the other platform. While I’m sure DD is a fine product. LMT is a military contractor with a long, but silent, track record.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    And to be fair about it, obviously DD makes very fine rifles. But, as for me, the LMT MWS is where it's at. I'm getting great results on a platform that has been well tested and well proven in actual combat by warfighters, after extensive testing by their respective militaries. That may mean nothing to some/many, but it counts for me. The results speak for themselves as for my personal experiences.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CAMagnussen View Post
    And to be fair about it, obviously DD makes very fine rifles. But, as for me, the LMT MWS is where it's at. I'm getting great results on a platform that has been well tested and well proven in actual combat by warfighters, after extensive testing by their respective militaries. That may mean nothing to some/many, but it counts for me. The results speak for themselves as for my personal experiences.
    agree

Feedback Score
    LMT owner here, great rifle and it has fulfilled everything I have wanted from it. Barrel swap is easy. I had problems shooting suppressed with the old BCG (2010), FTE about every 3-4 rounds. I bought and installed an AGK from rubber city armory. No more issues running suppressed. Unsurpressed however, I have to change out the BCG (I bought a spare complete MWS BCG) Not a big deal and it works just fine.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    LMT MWS would be a better choice. It is accurate, reliable, and easy to swap out barrels.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast