Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel defense RIS II vs FSP RIS II

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I say do it with the Non-FSB rail. Even though it might not be a clone correct build, Id be willing to bet the guys that use and have used the Block 2 upper would much rather have a non-FSB rail. As for the Warcomp, I would much prefer that over a SF4P, if it were on my duty gun.

Feedback Score
    Warcomps now have an NSN so they can be ordered through supply instead of unit purchases.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a skinny barrel Colt that has the FSP RIS II and I love that fcker. RDS.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I have a skinny barrel Colt that has the FSP RIS II and I love that fcker. RDS.
    Reminds me of a skinny white teenager in super baggy jeans.

OP I bought a 14.5" SOCOM upper from Grant with a Surefire muzzle brake. I'm still not sure what rail/handguard I want on mine but for some reason I keep gravitating back to the RIS ii FSP, even though I'd have to pay to remove the P&W and then pay to have a new MD P&W after the handguard is put on.

Feedback Score
    I’m leaning more towards doing the FSP rail. Saves me from buying another gas block and from buying a front sight if I went with the slick rail.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There isn't a better, more durable front sight than a pinned FSB. I have a couple 11.5" uppers with free float rails, one of them is wearing a Scalarworks fixed front sight, which I believe to be the most durable out of the ones I've tried, DD, Midwest Industries etc, but I still look at that thing and think that one day I'm gonna hit something with it or take a spill and I'm gonna rip it right off the rail, possibly destroying both.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you are pinning and welding a SureFire muzzle device, you probably won't be able to remove even the non FSP rail because of the M203 hangers. So that shouldn't factor into your decision.

The FSP URG will end up being cheaper since you don't have to buy a gas block or front BUIS.

The FSP URG will be about an ounce heavier than the non FSP URG depending on what front sight you use on the non FSP URG. The FSP URG will be 2 ounces heavier than the non FSP URG if you don't use any front sight on the non FSP URG.

The FSP rail exposes a hot gas block which is something to keep in mind.

I personally prefer a fixed front sight with a red dot and a folding front sight with magnified optics but either way works.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    I remember you ranting when that DD fixed front broke.

I chuckled
    I haven't broken any gun stuff in a few years. I'm slipping.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    RIS II has 6 bolts locking it up, Current Lite rail has 4. Lite rail has QD sockets, RIS II doesn't. The Lite rail is one peice, the RIS II is a two peice. Very different rails. The reason they are in demand and people want a special run isn't because they are better than the Lite rail but rather the RIS II is the rail used on Sopmod M4 CQBR's. So they are of value to people looking to build Mil clones. Right now you can get the Mk18 rail and M4a1 rail by buying the factory uppers, but there is not production of the FSP version.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12