Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Match 9mm ammo ?

Feedback Score
    In one of the “Wilson Combat Gun Guys” YouTube videos, Bill Wilson mentioned something about Wilson Combat using/shooting a lot of PMC ammo because it was soft shooting and reliable. Can’t remember which specific video it was...
    Last edited by BuzzinSATX; 10-12-19 at 09:04. Reason: Info

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I didn’t think blazer was supposed to be hot. I’ve never paid much attention though, I just always assumed that the cheap 115gr stuff that can be found anywhere was the weakest.

Personally I like the Win NATO stuff for competition. Obviously it’s on the opposite end of low velocity, but so far it’s seemed to be pretty accurate and consistent, and most importantly it cycles my KKM comp very well. If not for the latter, I’d probably experiment with lower velocity stuff, but there’s something to be said for practicing with hotter loads if you carry +P IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    If you’re running a comp, it’s certainly a good thing to have the extra gas.

Feedback Score
    +1 on the Winchester 124gr NATO stuff. Very consistent and accurate out of all my 9mm guns.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Thanks for the replies. Yes, what I was looking for was low recoil stuff. Velocity doesn’t mean shit to me. gaijin also said Blaser and magtech was reasonable factory fodder. I found some 147’s shooting 880 FPS that I’m going to try. A little more expensive, but not crazy like other “ match “ ammo was. If I’m impressed I’ll post results. Don’t want to give a plug to some crappy ammo mfg that doesn’t deserve it.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Most guys are running 124s or 147s. The 115s are a bit snappy (more often used in Steel Challenge, where there is no powder floor) and the 160s are for hand loaders. You just have to see what fits your rhythm best out of your gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Allot of my buddies shoot hush puppy from supervel, it’s crazy soft shooting. But the prices scares me off

Bryan
    Aim

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    Most guys are running 124s or 147s. The 115s are a bit snappy (more often used in Steel Challenge, where there is no powder floor) and the 160s are for hand loaders. You just have to see what fits your rhythm best out of your gun.
    This. I dont know yet if any of it affects scores, but the 115 is a little fast(slide action) and the 147 is slow. I recently switched to AE124 grain. In practice- i seem to be able to pick up more A hits at full speed, but I think its just what I “like”.

I was shooting federal champion before, but the AE is noticeably more accurate on 25yd targets.

Dont adopt something that will limit your ability to hit 25yd heads, because they show up in matches occasionally.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 10-12-19 at 20:15.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzinSATX View Post
    In one of the “Wilson Combat Gun Guys” YouTube videos, Bill Wilson mentioned something about Wilson Combat using/shooting a lot of PMC ammo because it was soft shooting and reliable. Can’t remember which specific video it was...
    Bill told me the same five or so years ago, and I have shot tens of thousands of PMC 115 from SGAmmo. It is clean, reliable and accurate. Out of a 320 X5 is is at 130 PF, might not make minor in USPSA out of a four inch barrel, and sometimes leaves steel standing.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunnar da Wolf View Post
    +1 on the Winchester 124gr NATO stuff. Very consistent and accurate out of all my 9mm guns.
    It's my carry ammo. I trust my life to it.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast