Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Match 9mm ammo ?

Feedback Score
    I just tried some geco 115 gr and am impressed with the accuracy.
    Its advertised as ipsc minor, but havent chronoed it yet, so not sure how consistent or “into” the minor power factor it is.
    I would not hesitate to use it for locals.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    It's my carry ammo. I trust my life to it.
    You carry ball by choice? Lordy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    You carry ball by choice? Lordy!

Yeah, we've been over it a few times, it always ends the same...
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Yeah, we've been over it a few times, it always ends the same...
    I’m sure it’s an interesting conversation.

As somebody doing trauma for a living, FMJ/Ball has a terrible track record.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m sure it’s an interesting conversation.

As somebody doing trauma for a living, FMJ/Ball has a terrible track record.

His focus is on accuracy, nothing but C4 hits.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Honestly for the cost and fact it’s only for competition, just reload your own. You can pick up a Lee Classic Turret and it’s a great beginner press is sort of an in between a single stage and progressive.

I’m using a polymer coated bullet because
    1. they’re cheaper
    2. since the coating isn’t as thick as a plated bullet, they allow for less powder to achieve desired velocity

With that and years of shooting matches I have a 147gr 9mm round that uses quality powder and Federal primers (softest/reliable) for about .12-.17/round. It’s ridiculously soft shooting and without exaggeration it has same perceived recoil as a .22 pistol out of my 1911.

I’ve shot Atlanta Arms, Speer, Federal, Winchester, etc. and NOTHING comes close to hand loads tuned to your firearm in terms of cost and felt recoil/snappiness.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sidewaysil80 View Post
    Honestly for the cost and fact it’s only for competition, just reload your own. You can pick up a Lee Classic Turret and it’s a great beginner press is sort of an in between a single stage and progressive.

I’m using a polymer coated bullet because
    1. they’re cheaper
    2. since the coating isn’t as thick as a plated bullet, they allow for less powder to achieve desired velocity

With that and years of shooting matches I have a 147gr 9mm round that uses quality powder and Federal primers (softest/reliable) for about .12-.17/round. It’s ridiculously soft shooting and without exaggeration it has same perceived recoil as a .22 pistol out of my 1911.

I’ve shot Atlanta Arms, Speer, Federal, Winchester, etc. and NOTHING comes close to hand loads tuned to your firearm in terms of cost and felt recoil/snappiness.
    They are not the softest shooting, but bulk ammo can be had for $.16/rd right now... all comes down to how much free time you have. I quit reloading for the time being and am saving brass. If ammo goes back up or becomes less available (election panic?) i’ll dust it off. Definately good to have the option.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    As somebody doing trauma for a living,
    Yup, we’ve played that card already, also.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Yup, we’ve played that card already, also.
    Can’t fix stupid, huh?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Im shooting a match tonight and I tried some of the low velocity / recoil ammo at the range the other day. It definitely felt better, but I dont know if I'm good enough for such a small gain will make much difference to me. There is a lot of other shit I need to work on.

Range report to follow.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast