Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Match 9mm ammo ?

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Im shooting a match tonight and I tried some of the low velocity / recoil ammo at the range the other day. It definitely felt better, but I dont know if I'm good enough for such a small gain will make much difference to me. There is a lot of other shit I need to work on.

Range report to follow.

PB
    Which stuff, syntech?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Man you just need to load your own. It takes time but you’ll learn your load. Shooting something else will feel different. It’s best to get something that works and stay with it.

147 gr acme
    Sport pistol
    Federal small pistol primers

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Atlanta Arms
    Current carry ammo
    Anything that is not Winc-

Feedback Score
    Shoot mostly S&B subsonic FMJ 140 grain for IPSC. I am using a 10 lbs recoil spring. Good accuarcy and I feel that steel targets respond better.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Just load your own

Feedback Score
    Thank you for clearing that up about Blazer and Mag tech. Take care!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I shot Fenix ammo competition 147 grain. It shot nice and I did 2nd in my class.. Very small 40 person deal, so no big deal. Ill stick with this for a while. Im running a 12lb spring and felt recoil is very manageable. It was $220 for a thousand. They have much other more expensive stuff. Ill practice with cheaper stuff like Blazer or Magtech.

Im not loading pistol ammo, not my thing. I know I should but just don't want it bad enough.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Not always a pattern with brands.

I've found the best thing to do is just try several types of loads and see what's best from that gun.

As for 9mm fmj for SD, my main concern would be over penetration.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I shot Fenix ammo competition 147 grain. It shot nice and I did 2nd in my class.. Very small 40 person deal, so no big deal. Ill stick with this for a while. Im running a 12lb spring and felt recoil is very manageable. It was $220 for a thousand. They have much other more expensive stuff. Ill practice with cheaper stuff like Blazer or Magtech.

Im not loading pistol ammo, not my thing. I know I should but just don't want it bad enough.

PB
    Ultimately, if you want to level up, stick to the same load for practice and competition. You’ll learn the timing of your gun better.

Feedback Score
    I have pretty much settled on Speer Lawman 124gr fmj for all my practice and match ammo, it's accurate and reliable for me. Shoots about the same as my 124gr HST carry ammo.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast