Thread: Help identify this barrel nut. KAC or something else?

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)

Help identify this barrel nut. KAC or something else?

This is a AAC 300 bo barrel and the seller says he sold the KAC URX rail a while back. Looking at photos of the KAC nut from their website, I’m not 100%. I need to remove the nut because the upper doesn’t work with my lower. Is this a KAC barrel nut?

7FEC0D38-5834-4A39-B700-EF1D581966BF.jpg
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Looks like an SLR.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Hmm. Picture looks consistent with an SLR. Yankee Hill is a far cry from KAC. This dude is fos! I’ll be passing.

Thanks
    Here in America we are descended in spirit from revolutionists and rebels - men and women who dare to dissent from accepted doctrine. ~Dwight D. Eisenhower, address, Columbia University, 31 May 1954

Feedback Score
    72 (100%)
    If that was supposed to be a URX 3.1 handguard, no, that is not KAC. The URX handguard is the barrel but. It literally screws onto the upper and a smaller nut screws into the handguard from the inside.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by amac View Post
    This is a AAC 300 bo barrel and the seller says he sold the KAC URX rail a while back. Looking at photos of the KAC nut from their website, I’m not 100%. I need to remove the nut because the upper doesn’t work with my lower. Is this a KAC barrel nut?

7FEC0D38-5834-4A39-B700-EF1D581966BF.jpg
    I guess you are asking because you need a wrench. A common pipe wrench will work just fine. BTW.. What about the upper won't work on your lower.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    I guess you are asking because you need a wrench. A common pipe wrench will work just fine. BTW.. What about the upper won't work on your lower.
    Seller said this is a PSA upper. When I dropped it on my Noveske lower, the front pivot pin "housing" was machined in a way that wouldn't rotate on my upper. It was too square vs rounded like my Noveske upper.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Seller said this is a PSA upper. When I dropped it on my Noveske lower, the front pivot pin "housing" was machined in a way that wouldn't rotate on my upper. It was too square vs rounded like my Noveske upper.
    No.... that’s because it’s out of spec PSA trash. The seller is lying (or just completely uninformed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    No.... that’s because it’s out of spec PSA trash. The seller is lying (or just completely uninformed).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I’ll politely say he’s “misrepresenting”. Probably just uniformed and clueless as to what he has. The barrel says AAC 300 on it, so he advertised the whole upper as such.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    I’ll politely say he’s “misrepresenting”. Probably just uniformed and clueless as to what he has. The barrel says AAC 300 on it, so he advertised the whole upper as such.
    You haven't started running yet?