Thread: Aero Precision AC-15 mid-length AR

Feedback Score

Aero Precision AC-15 mid-length AR

Seen some of these for sale at decent prices. Anyone have any positive/negative experiences with this particular AR?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I find it really odd that they don't include a front sling swivel on these. I mean, yeah it's a "budget" AR, but how much are they saving by leaving that off? Like not including the sling swivel is the thing that makes the rifle affordable or something.
    "This cost-efficient rifle is ready to operate straight out of the box" they say in the product description, and in my opinion, without the ability to attach a sling, it is not actually "ready to operate straight out of the box". Nitpicky I know, but I'm big on having *some* kind of sling, even just a GI strap, on your long gun.

Unless they are like me and always screw up the little sling swivel rivets when they try to install them.
    But I gave up on those a while ago and just use roll pins now.

Feedback Score
    The newest iterations also don't include a rear sight or magazine. Hell, in the future it'll be "install the buttstock of your choice".

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    The newest iterations also don't include a rear sight or magazine. Hell, in the future it'll be "install the buttstock of your choice".
    That actually somehow makes more sense to me than turning out a rifle that is totally complete *except for the front sling swivel*.

As far as how the AC-15 is as a product, I think MrGunsngear did a review on them on YouTube a while back and had a generally favorable opinion. I'd probably get the Aero gun before some of the other extreme budget options on the market.

Feedback Score
    this is second hand but I have a colleague who used one in a 2 day basic carbine class and it performed quite well for him...

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    I’ve had one for almost two years.

My fsb was canted far enough I could not sight in with irons. However Aero was awesome taking care of me and I had a new barrel assembly installed and in my hands in around 2 weeks. Since then it’s been a great beater rifle and I have zero complaints. I think for $650-ish they’re hard to beat.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 10-19-19 at 21:34.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    I had a buddy buy one a few years ago. I think there was a bur in the FCG because every now and then he'd have some weird malfunctions related to the trigger, but that went away in the first hundred rounds and last I heard, has been solid ever since.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    If they're $650, what makes them $150 better than the $500 Smith?

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    If they're $650, what makes them $150 better than the $500 Smith?
    Nitride 4150 barrel vs 4140 untreated, mid gas vs carbine gas system, FA carrier vs Semi, GI trigger group vs mim trigger group.
    Last edited by VIP3R 237; 10-23-19 at 07:31.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    Aero lowers (at least the newer ones) have some sort of tensioning screw to tighten the upper to lower fit.