Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
I paid a bit less than $1000 out the door last year. Today at the gun show, new 6920s were marked $2000 plus tax, and the vendor said he'd sold some at that price. I'd have thought that competition from such as BCM would keep that from happening, but no: mine doubled in value a couple of weeks ago.
Gun shows don't count. Put every bugger eater, neck beard, tactical Timmy and Quasimodo under one roof and this is what you get......every......single..... time...... without fail.
Every once in a while when I go I still see the same people with the same boxes of ammo and the Century AK and Del-Ton ARs with the sticker from post Sandy Hook panic. You'd think they'd get tired of hauling these every weekend all around SE Pa. It's time to let it go and drop the price. On the other side, you've got hoards of brain dead moping around from table to table looking for the R.I.P ammo, the latest digital black camo pattern, tactical nunchucks.....with rails. And each side is repeating the same nonsense without so much as devoting a single brain sell to think about what they just heard or said.

So, if someone without two braincells to rub together is willing to pay double for a rifle that last month he had no interest in at half the price because..... just paying for the name.... then by all means, it's what makes the economy go round and round. But it's certainly not a gauge of anything except the unwillingness to think for oneself