Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 prices going up!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    I paid a bit less than $1000 out the door last year. Today at the gun show, new 6920s were marked $2000 plus tax, and the vendor said he'd sold some at that price. I'd have thought that competition from such as BCM would keep that from happening, but no: mine doubled in value a couple of weeks ago.
    Gun shows don't count. Put every bugger eater, neck beard, tactical Timmy and Quasimodo under one roof and this is what you get......every......single..... time...... without fail.
    Every once in a while when I go I still see the same people with the same boxes of ammo and the Century AK and Del-Ton ARs with the sticker from post Sandy Hook panic. You'd think they'd get tired of hauling these every weekend all around SE Pa. It's time to let it go and drop the price. On the other side, you've got hoards of brain dead moping around from table to table looking for the R.I.P ammo, the latest digital black camo pattern, tactical nunchucks.....with rails. And each side is repeating the same nonsense without so much as devoting a single brain sell to think about what they just heard or said.

So, if someone without two braincells to rub together is willing to pay double for a rifle that last month he had no interest in at half the price because..... just paying for the name.... then by all means, it's what makes the economy go round and round. But it's certainly not a gauge of anything except the unwillingness to think for oneself

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Nice try, but the truth is that everyone hates on people that rock Colts, and the only fanboyism seems to be pointed in the direction of BCM and DD.

Not too many guys out at ranges wearing Colt hats, shirts, or rocking the stickers on their rifle cases. How many times have you seen the * BCM hats? I’ve seen a bajillion.

Back in 2012 when Colts were $1300 and BCM uppers were selling for $350 do you think shooters were recommending the Colt on M4C? Of course not. That’s stupid.

Last month it did make sense. It had nothing to do with fanboyism or brand loyalty and everything to do with economics. Now that Colts are fetching stupid prices again everyone should be ditching them to the idiot collectors and buying BCM again. Put that extra cash in your ammo and magazine stockpile. It’s all cyclical.

I agree that if you are buying a Colt today at $1,300 you are a moron. But I also contend that if you were not buying Colts a few months ago at $700 you were a moron then, too.
    It really is that simple. Several manufacturers build rifles to a certain, acceptable threshold. Buy the quality you need for the best price. Put the difference toward ammo, training, optics, etc.

Feedback Score
    Not too many guys out at ranges wearing Colt hats, shirts, or rocking the stickers on their rifle cases. How many times have you seen the * BCM hats? I’ve seen a bajillion.

I agree that if you are buying a Colt today at $1,300 you are a moron. But I also contend that if you were not buying Colts a few months ago at $700 you were a moron then, too.
    To defend my BCM gear, it came in the box. Their marketing is amazing. Hand out stickers and hats like jello shots at a frat party and people will start to follow.

I got my first 6920 in January and it was $750 with a case, 2 mags, vtac sling, and magpul furniture. Shot it that same day and I get it. I love my BCM and KAC, but honestly, that Colt is more than enough. Loading on a closed bolt is easy, which seems so small, but there really are small details that still make them very desirable
    Plus they're stupid accurate with a decent trigger. wish I would have bought one ten years ago and just stuck with that and a pile of ammo. That's what I reccomend now, mostly thanks to this forum.

I think back in the day of 1200-1300 Colts people were just sick of paying that, so the"just as good" crowd jumped in and people looked at their local PDs, and were like "oh the cops are using Bushmaster cause they're cheaper and better than Colts." That brought rise to everyone from Spikes to those fancy Costa guns. Then there were the BCM types that came around and changed TDP just enough to not get in trouble but without cutting corners. All in all I am sad that Colt is cutting sales, even if temporarily.

I wish Colt the best and I hope new shooters will be able to buy these in the future as an awesome first rifle.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I just bought a like new 6920 FDE Magpul edition from my local shop for $850 w/ 3 mags and Blackhawk discreet case. This was to replace the 6920 lower I sold on GB for $700 when the current panic buying started (I kept the upper).

My local shop has been taking in a lot of Colts over the last few months. And I've bought most of them. 20%-30% below market value. Luckily there not selling on GB. Better deals for me.

I guess I've become a Colt fanboy.

Feedback Score
    Colt AR's and M4's are an American icon. That in and of itself has and/or adds value and also increases the desire to own one for a lot folks myself included.
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Same thing I noticed a long time ago regarding M14 clones: if it didn't say Springfield on the receiver the average looker said "Oh, okay. Thanks anyway." A savvy M14 fan would know what a particular non-SA brand meant, but the average Joe looking to buy one had Springfield engraved on his brain. Colt is the same for AR's.
    And casual fanboys probably don't even realize SA M1A/M14 has cheaper cast receiver instead of forged receiver.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Summer 2020 people will feel silly dropping a grand plus on 800 guns

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Something I wouldn't even notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Summer 2020 people will feel silly dropping a grand plus on 800 guns
    Pretty much this.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by n8vmind View Post
    Sorry, but I just don't get why people insist on Colts when there are other better manufacturers at around similar price point. BCM, DD, LWRC
    I see LWRCi M6-ICDI rifles on clearance all the time for ~$1300. Otherwise, they tend to float around $1700-1800 - and around $2500 for their piston guns.

DDs are going for $1700+.

I've never seen a BCM that I didn't order, so I have no idea what they're going for, since I'm not shopping for them on the web and nobody sells them locally. I seem to recall the last time I looked (in the last six-to-eighteen months) they were starting at $1200 for a basic LE6920-a-like (and a quick Google search shows that things haven't changed since then), a roughly 20% surcharge over an LE6920. And most BCM guns are more.

I'm not sure where you found LE6920s for near either of those prices, but you probably needed to do more shopping. Or share with us where you're finding LWRCis, DDs, BCMs for ≤$1000.

Colt doesn't give swag to dealers, never mind to everybody who orders more than $100 of stuff from them. BCM does.

I notice that you didn't mention DD hats, either - probably because you don't see them, because DD doesn't give out swag like BCM does.

The only company I see give out swag like BCM is LaRue. And even though LaRue hasn't been hot and in-demand since 2012, I still see dudes with LaRue Tactical hats not infrequently.
    Last edited by MountainRaven; 10-13-19 at 14:43.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    The prices of Colt when up since last month that they was a rumor that Colt has stopped selling AR's. simple demand and supply.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast