Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 prices going up!

Louisiana, On I-10 west of NOLA, east of BR
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by the AR-15 Junkie View Post
    lol, Rich people don't get rich by pinching pennies, Pinching pennies and clipping coupons is what poor people do. Getting rich is real simple and done in 2 easy steps. But most people cant do Step 1.

Step 1: GET OUT OF DEBT! Get out of and stay out of debt. Most people cant do that, they rack up those credit cards and 2nd and 3rd mortgages to fund lifestyle choices, thus are trapped in debt for the rest of their lives. Debt kills your soul. Anyone in debt, needs to resolve today to do whatever they can to start to get out of it.

Step:2 Invest in the stock market. This is REAL EASY. Call Fidelity Monday morning and open up an account and start investing every extra dollar you have. In what companies you ask? I will give you the names of 2 companies I have made piles of cash off the past 15 years. The names of these 2 companies are known to every person in America, and one of them is known as the most hated company in America. These 2 companies are Home Depot and Comcast.

In the past 10 years alone, Home Depot stock has gone up from $22 dollars to $238 dollars a share. My God..... thank you Home Depot. $$$

In the past 10 years alone, Comcast stock has gone up from $8 dollars a share to $46.00. My God..... thank you Comcast. $$$

This is FREE FREE FREE money just for the taking. They are giving this money away lol. No pinching pennies and using coupons to do this lol. This is how rich people get rich, they stay out of debt and invest in solid companies and take the FREE money. It really is that easy.

Alas, most people cant do it. Even people who work for companies that have 401K and Employee Stock Purchase plans don't participate or don't maximize it, and then constantly rob from it.

Anyone can start both of these steps today, then you don't have to worry about what price Colt is charging for their fine weapons. You can afford it lol.

If your not going to do anything else, if your in debt, resolve to get OUT OF DEBT today, right now, and do it at least before the democrats get back in charge and wreck the economy.

Truer words were never spoken. No debt and the stock market allow me to live well in retirement.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this is all a marketing ploy from Colt to A, sell off current inventory sitting in distribution warehouses, and B, to create demand with the hopes that distributors will start putting in large orders again. I think what was really going on is that the market was so stagnant that their distributors were putting in little orders here and there that simply weren't worth the time to fulfill for current prices. What they're probably doing right is basically selling off their overproduction in large contracts, more or less as surplus. I imagine if you're a contract customer you can probably get them at or below cost right now if you're willing to buy the minimum order.

Maybe I should register my own security firm as an LLC and see what kind of contract I can get with them? What do you guys think, maybe 500 a pop?

When we get back to equilibrium, though, I think the price for newly minted LE6920s will be somewhere around the 1500 mark. If I remember right, that's about what they were selling for at gunshows prior to 2013. If memory serves me correctly, that was about 2011 or so.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this is all a marketing ploy from Colt to A, sell off current inventory sitting in distribution warehouses, and B, to create demand with the hopes that distributors will start putting in large orders again. .
    I honestly think it was a bit of this (need to sell off inventory, create demand) and filling a .MIL contract.

A win-win for Colt.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    But but they aren’t selling to civilians any more??????

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JediGuy View Post
    But but they aren’t selling to civilians any more??????
    Do we know for a fact those are new production, and not something that's been sitting in a distributor warehouse?

I suspect that there might be loads of them sitting in distributor warehouses.

Also, even if they did come from Colt, maybe they were left over from previous production? I can't remember the exact wording, but didn't Colt say they were just going to dedicate their assembly line to contracts for a few months? They didn't exactly rule out the possibility that they had enough already built rifles in inventory to meet commercial demand for the next hundred years.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RHINOWSO View Post
    I honestly think it was a bit of this (need to sell off inventory, create demand) and filling a .MIL contract.

A win-win for Colt.
    I'm guessing that they have lots of parts sitting around that they need to get off their books quick. They might even have their own contracts with forges and machine shops and be obligated to keep buying stuff they don't really need at the moment.

I would love to see the terms on these contracts they're working on. I'll bet they're practically giving them away.

I think what this all boiled down to was the civilian market was flooded to the point that prices couldn't get any lower. When you look at what goes into building an LE6920, it's pretty crazy that they were available for under 800.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Clyde is an LE distributor so they will continue to get guns. However LE distributors have always sold guns to everyone. This was back when the Colt Le6920 was “LE only” as well. Colts will continue to be available. You might just have to look a little harder.

AU said that price on parts went up 30% but that was the first price increase on parts in over 5 years so it was likely overdue. But again, parts remain available.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I would love to see the terms on these contracts they're working on. I'll bet they're practically giving them away.
    I believe it's an FMS contract, so they likely aren't giving them away.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this is all a marketing ploy from Colt to A, sell off current inventory sitting in distribution warehouses, and B, to create demand with the hopes that distributors will start putting in large orders again. I think what was really going on is that the market was so stagnant that their distributors were putting in little orders here and there that simply weren't worth the time to fulfill for current prices. What they're probably doing right is basically selling off their overproduction in large contracts, more or less as surplus. I imagine if you're a contract customer you can probably get them at or below cost right now if you're willing to buy the minimum order.

Maybe I should register my own security firm as an LLC and see what kind of contract I can get with them? What do you guys think, maybe 500 a pop?

When we get back to equilibrium, though, I think the price for newly minted LE6920s will be somewhere around the 1500 mark. If I remember right, that's about what they were selling for at gunshows prior to 2013. If memory serves me correctly, that was about 2011 or so.
    Excellent analysis.
    ”New levels of dissimulation being reached for - and gained – in the faux journalism/gov spokesmen/shadowy ‘intelligence’ nexus which blends together the worst elements of controlled medias, puppet governments, & mafia-led ‘security’ forces, as our ‘post-reality’ era jets further and further away from any remotely real ‘events,’ authentic ‘leaders,’ & factual reporting.”

~ Yuno

"The future is bright, mostly because flames are on the horizon."

~ Author unknown

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast