Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: Colt LE6920 prices going up!

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I have a sneaking suspicion that this is all a marketing ploy from Colt to A, sell off current inventory sitting in distribution warehouses, and B, to create demand with the hopes that distributors will start putting in large orders again. I think what was really going on is that the market was so stagnant that their distributors were putting in little orders here and there that simply weren't worth the time to fulfill for current prices. What they're probably doing right is basically selling off their overproduction in large contracts, more or less as surplus. I imagine if you're a contract customer you can probably get them at or below cost right now if you're willing to buy the minimum order.
    When has Colt ever been smart enough to even consider doing something like that? Reality says that they got a $42 million dollar FMS contract and the commercial market is soft and saturated AF. Any previous contracts: commercial, military or LE will likely be filled until the new contract hits production, any contracts that come after will wait until the government contract is completed. This is generally the way that manufacturing works. Colt isn't building rifles to sit on warehouse shelves until a distributor or military order comes through.
    Last edited by Sry0fcr; 10-22-19 at 08:44.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Anyone sitting on NIB colts right now who is not selling is insane.

Literally this is what you've been waiting for. Sell your colt and buy 2 LMT or BCM. Sell your colt, buy a BCM and them when colts are back on the shelf buy another colt.

Colts contract will only last so long. They have a knack for losing and or not winning contracts these days.

2 Hollers over from TNOutdoors9 Hickman County, TN
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    Maybe. But if it's worth $2250+ now, what'll it be worth after Pocahontas is elected?
    She won't. However the media will claim she will. So just before election day sell it!

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    A couple local gun forums have used 6920s around a grand +/-. Some are selling, some are not. Me, I don't collect. I shoot what I have, and have just enough for spares in the "two is one, one is none" mantra (again, +/-).

Edited to add, here's the newest 6920 ad in a local forum: https://carolinafirearmsforum.com/in...3/#post-894897
    Last edited by chuckman; 10-22-19 at 11:56.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    A couple local gun forums have used 6920s around a grand +/-. Some are selling, some are not. Me, I don't collect. I shoot what I have, and have just enough for spares in the "two is one, one is none" mantra (again, +/-).

Edited to add, here's the newest 6920 ad in a local forum: https://carolinafirearmsforum.com/in...3/#post-894897
    And based on the description, that rifle may even be the 16" Socom model (m4A1 marked lower) that was out around 2012/2013. I picked one up from my local FFL 2 months ago for that price. And thought it was a great deal. Although mine had a carry handle the original owner added.

Here's mine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I "impulsed" ordered one of the LE6920's from Clyde's Armory since they have them in stock, and it was $1064.95 with free shipping (Military Discount).

This one will stay original and stashed away in the "Collector" war chest...........have several other AR's in my preferred mid-length gas system to shoot first.

Feedback Score
    Nothing wrong with collecting, but I’ve only ever been interested acquiring quality shooters at reasonable cost. In 2011-13 time frame, when I got into ARs, that meant piecing together BCM uppers and lowers for less than what a basic 6920 went for. I picked up a 6920 also but that’s when they were in the $800 range. I think mine shipped for under $800 in late 2017.

Collecting and collector value is fine, I’m just more into shooting and having quality spares.

Example.... if I were in the market for a basic, quality shooter and could snag a 6920 for under a grand I would. If not, I would get this https://shop.fortresstactical.com/BC...ne-650-111.htm
    Last edited by magister; 10-22-19 at 14:10.

Feedback Score
    Have two Military 6920 M4 rifles just sighted in. The blue labels will never be available to the public again and only rifle that every single part was made to military spec sand passed inspections in a clean room. That is the difference between every other AR out there and a Mil spec that was only available after every contract in the world was fulfilled for their weapons and Colt sold what was left to big suppliers like Knesek guns. First one too ok 9 months after paying the $1200 up front and got another when freinds saw. And wanted one. Last time anyone will acquire a military spec rifle again

Colt mil spec rifles passed every test on every part. That is the only military grade rifle made and can say others make a better life but not mil spec and tested to be dependable in the field.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by craiger10 View Post
    Colt mil spec rifles passed every test on every part. That is the only military grade rifle made and can say others make a better life but not mil spec and tested to be dependable in the field.
    I'd go easy on "mil-spec". That is not a ringing endorsement across the board.

Feedback Score
    As I said the Colt 6920 M4 blue label was a military spec rifle and every part in it was built to rigid specs and tested. The new 6920 rifles are civilian grade and Colt now sells only civilian grade rifles including new 6920s so they will continue to climb in value and the most available after all contracts were fulfilled was 100,000 and I waited 9 months and 6 months for mine and second time everyone wanted them and we ordered a dozen. Sighted mine in and keeping them never again having the chance to buy a military M4 except for the 3 round setting but will not fail for 10,000 rounds but have been fired much more until barrel melted in field tests. Like knowing not one spring or pin will fail or was a cheap part and will never again be available to civilians again. Am sure half a million or less was all big suppliers were able to get and a freind said any. 69 military version will do nothing but increase with supply and demand. Can compare and "better" rifle but bottom line is NONE other than Colt blue labels are 100% mil spec and if good enough for a soldier in the field what I want if ever needed knowing it won't fail.

Never stopped selling civilian grade 6920 rifles but closed the military branch to civilians. Those are white label non military Colt rifles and said all 69 series guns are their civilian branch now but closed their military branch to military in me and split the company. Can but ALL the 6920 rifles you want but will never buy a blue label mil spec Colt again and ended sales to us.

New Colts are not mil spec so agree would be dumb since years ago stopped selling military grade rifles to public. White label is not mil spec

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast