Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: DD5V3 Review Thread

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MQ105 View Post
    Refresh my memory: the V5 uppers fit what lowers? ADM or LMT?
    The new DD5 V3, V4, and V5 Uppers are backwards compatible with DD5 V1/V2 Lower Receivers. They are not compatible with any other manufacturers lower receiver. Hope this helps.

-Joe
    Joe Marler
    Law Enforcement Sales Manager

jmarler@danieldefense.com
    www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Marler5811 View Post
    The new DD5 V3, V4, and V5 Uppers are backwards compatible with DD5 V1/V2 Lower Receivers. They are not compatible with any other manufacturers lower receiver. Hope this helps.

-Joe
    Joe,

I'm happy to see you in this thread! Could you help me figure out what factory load usually shoots best out of the V3?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Joe,

I'm happy to see you in this thread! Could you help me figure out what factory load usually shoots best out of the V3?
    I honestly don't have a lot of time behind it. It was tested mostly with Hornady 168 BTHP Match and FGGM 175 gr. I'd also check to see how it does with Hornady 150 gr SST. Those shot very well out of the V1.
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    So I have decided to make some changes to my DD5. After realizing that it was not a precision rifle, or maybe I am simply not a precision shooter, I sold the PA scope and bought the Geissele/Razor 1-6 combo. Part of me wonders if I should have bought a Trijicon Accupower 1-8, but for now I am stunned by the glass clarity and FOV on this scope. This Razor shpuld allow me to comfortably make 1-400 yd shots, which is really all I need this rifle to do anyways. Should I have spent this much on an optic after JUST having had twins? No, no I should not have.

I added a Surefire Scout in a Thorntail 6 mount and Cloud Defensive LCS. Are these things unnecessary for what I will be doing with this rifle? Yes, probably. But, the more I play with it, the more I see it becoming a rifle I would like to keep around and train seriously with as it can just do so many things.

I still have the Sandman S in NFA jail, but I also have a Sandman K waiting. I am actually very eager to try the K, as it shouldn't add much length and will at least take the edge off the 308. If it doesn't do much, I'll keep the Sandman S on it basically permanently. None of this matters now though, as I am still 6-12 months out on both.

I will be sticking with the Larue MBT. I cancelled my Geissele Black Friday order of an SSP trigger because I got sick of waiting. Honestly, the MBT is a fine trigger and I can't imagine there is much more out there that offers twice what the MBT does for twice the price.

Feedback Score
    That is I good looking rifle, thanks for posting the review.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Got out on the 100yd range today, only had M80 Ball. Much to my surprise...it shot 1 to 1.5 MOA all day. The Razor was crystal clear, and shooting for groups on 6x was easy. I did compare to a buddy's Vortex PST Gen 2 and...not much a difference sadly. I zeroed my optic to the M80 because I see no reason to use anything else if it shoots that accurately for me.

I did have about 15 malfunctions in a row. The bolt was short stroking, either not ejecting the round or not feeding. I dissasembled and realized that it was bone dry in 20 degree weather. A liberal spray of CLP on the BCG and it functioned flawlessly for the next 40 rounds. My fault I'm sure, but I'm gonna get back out on the range tomorrow just to make sure there isn't a bigger issue.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Got out on the 100yd range today, only had M80 Ball. Much to my surprise...it shot 1 to 1.5 MOA all day. The Razor was crystal clear, and shooting for groups on 6x was easy. I did compare to a buddy's Vortex PST Gen 2 and...not much a difference sadly. I zeroed my optic to the M80 because I see no reason to use anything else if it shoots that accurately for me.

I did have about 15 malfunctions in a row. The bolt was short stroking, either not ejecting the round or not feeding. I dissasembled and realized that it was bone dry in 20 degree weather. A liberal spray of CLP on the BCG and it functioned flawlessly for the next 40 rounds. My fault I'm sure, but I'm gonna get back out on the range tomorrow just to make sure there isn't a bigger issue.

Might want to check the gas block to ensure it's in the "U" Position.
    Joe Marler

www.danieldefense.com

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    I checked the gas block after the first two FTE/FTF malfs, and it was set on "U". I'll be back out at the range in a few hours and will update then.

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Fired 70 rounds of M80 today, all flawless in function. This batch grouped minute of man at 100yds. I am convinced my issue yesterday was just lack of lube...

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I did have about 15 malfunctions in a row. The bolt was short stroking, either not ejecting the round or not feeding. I disassembled and realized that it was bone dry in 20 degree weather. A liberal spray of CLP on the BCG and it functioned flawlessly for the next 40 rounds. My fault I'm sure, but I'm gonna get back out on the range tomorrow just to make sure there isn't a bigger issue.
    It's nice looking rifle, but reliability is concerning if it can not cycle without generous lubrication in a 20 degree weather (fairly warm in my opinion). Especially with a military M80. I wonder what's the official temperature envelope manufacturer guarantee, if one exists?

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast