Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Toolcraft BCG Spec

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    I worked for a manufacturer from 2015-2017 and we used Toolcraft NiB C158 BCG’s. For the most part they were acceptable and passed QC but our biggest issue was their gas keys. We used go/no-go gauges and the reject rate of TC gas keys was about 10%. Most were oversized but a few were undersized.
    Do you know if they were sourcing the BCG’s directly from TC?
    You won't outvote the corruption.
    Sic Semper Tyrannis

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    That could explain the difference in recoil.
    10% seems a bit high for mil supplier. I’m sure these companies cranking them out for $69.99 are not doing any further QC checks.

Also, I did send out the bcg, that I feel is faulty, to get inspected and diagnosed by a professional. Hopefully I’ll have an answer for everyone soon.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    10% seems a bit high for mil supplier.

Suppose the .mil acceptance range was +/- .003 and the company who reported the 10% rejection rate was using +/- .0015 as their range. Would that still be excessive? Point being if we don't know the parameters we can't be sure, can we?

I’m sure these companies cranking them out for $69.99 are not doing any further QC checks.
    Why are you sure?
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Id like to add a bit of info just for informational purposes, not having read the entire thread, so forgive me if its been covered.
    TC uses a few different steels on their extractors, Ive got two with D2 steel extractors. I know also 4140 is used, and iirc, there are a couple more.
    Any thoughts on the pro/cons of D2 over the others, and why would they use different ones?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    69 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by prepare View Post
    Do you know if they were sourcing the BCG’s directly from TC?
    I wasn’t on the purchasing side so Im not certain.
    I paint spaceship parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Stippled Glocks are like used underwear; previous owner makes all the difference in value.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Id like to add a bit of info just for informational purposes, not having read the entire thread, so forgive me if its been covered.
    TC uses a few different steels on their extractors, Ive got two with D2 steel extractors. I know also 4140 is used, and iirc, there are a couple more.
    Any thoughts on the pro/cons of D2 over the others, and why would they use different ones?
    So toolcraft will tell you they don't make bolts. (I talked to them a while back).

The complete bcgs could be using bolts sourced by toolcraft from suppliers, or could be sourced by the dealer.

Same for coatings. Don't know about gas keys. I know some dealers like to do their own keys/fasteners/staking for bcgs in general.

So not all toolcraft bcgs are the same. Some dealers make note that their TC bcgs are 100% sourced as a completed unit from toolcraft, and are thus warrantied completely by TC.

Too much noise in this space.

what I do know is they have a very good reputation, are a Mil supply for carriers (not complete bcgs), and the ones I've laid hands on have functioned well and been very well made.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Why are you sure?
    We? The company selling the product would have requested that level of consistency from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer sends out a product at 10% failure rate, well that’s a lot of loss. We all know they would scrap those and not sell them.

I also had one PSA premium bcg (TC Mil-Spec) During a class we broke down our guns for inspections. It was noted by the instructor how rough the chrome lining was in the carrier. It did run flawlessly. But I do notice the quality

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    We? The company selling the product would have requested that level of consistency from the manufacturer. If the manufacturer sends out a product at 10% failure rate, well that’s a lot of loss. We all know they would scrap those and not sell them.

I also had one PSA premium bcg (TC Mil-Spec) During a class we broke down our guns for inspections. It was noted by the instructor how rough the chrome lining was in the carrier. It did run flawlessly. But I do notice the quality
    Contact ToolCraft and get an RMA for the BC, they emphasize their finish of the BC's interior.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have and will continue to purchase TC carriers. They are a great deal for the $. If folks don't like em or trust em....Well to each his own.

Feedback Score
    I might have been lurking on this thread for a while now, but I have picked up a few BCM BCG from Aimsurplus for $160 and honestly I feel like this is a solid deal.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234