Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Guidance for right load for rifle/shooting better

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boba Fett v2 View Post
    We need to talk.
    Pm sent, ready to chat away, talk about what?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Oh one more thing if you want to get crazy, a Geissele SSA trigger or SSA-E would not hurt your efforts. Wait for a holiday sale if you must, or I think I saw one on the EE.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Pm sent, ready to chat away, talk about what?

PB
    I'll give a call/text later this week. Nothing bad.
    "People have always been stupid. The Internet just makes it easier for us to know about them." - donlapalma

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    What Tx_Aggie said in regards to natural point of aim can't be stressed enough. That was at the core of what my last reply was about. You want to make micro adjustments of your body around the rifle once you've established a good NPA. It's so easy to want to muscle the gun into your position, but it just kills your technique, and subsequent results.

Secondly I'd like echo what Pappabear said in regards to target selection. This can't be stressed enough either when shooting groups. You need the perfect target aimpoint for your particular reticle in order to really hone your results.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Subscribed

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I was gone for most of October for work,

Last Sunday I went to the local range to shoot steel without worrying about paper. Made some good hits out to 600yds with ZQI ball ammo using one of my LMTs. Calm day, no wind either. So there is a glimmer of hope!
    http://parrotheadjeff.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/Shooter-Jack-rkba.gif

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rojocorsa View Post
    I was gone for most of October for work,

Last Sunday I went to the local range to shoot steel without worrying about paper. Made some good hits out to 600yds with ZQI ball ammo using one of my LMTs. Calm day, no wind either. So there is a glimmer of hope!
    Once I started shooting at steel at 800-1000yds, I stopped worrying about shooting groups by in large. I realized that regardless of the group size at 100yds, my rifle was giving me the performance I expected/desired at distance, which was the primary mission of the buying a MWS for myself.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ALCOAR View Post
    Once I started shooting at steel at 800-1000yds, I stopped worrying about shooting groups by in large. I realized that regardless of the group size at 100yds, my rifle was giving me the performance I expected/desired at distance, which was the primary mission of the buying a MWS for myself.

Right...I struggle with this sometimes and I must remember there is more to marksmanship than mere groups. It seems like culturally we get carried away with them in the US...

I haven't shot my rifles in a minute (pun intended) but I need to get back out there again.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Many times when we are shooting steel, Ill shoot one sighter on paper in case that particular load is shooting wide right or left. I don't want to chase my ass with wind. Once I confirm my scope is moa to the target, I'll head out the promise land. Many days we shoot very few groups after the load development has taken place.

PB

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    How do you even start load development for a given rifle, anyway?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast