Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Does modification of a polymer pistol increase the value?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    I just use skateboard tape.
    Which is fine if that works for you. My wife uses Talon grips on hers, however she has to constantly mess with it because it peels off.

I'm old school, do it right the first time and never have to worry about it again, buy once cry once.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Stippling is stippling. I DIY it to my Glocks because my hands sweat when it's 10 degrees below zero. Ugly AF, too, ain't no one going to buy that frame. But also hundreds cheaper for the same thing, prettier.

But for the mechanical modifications, yeah, maybe, if it's attractive to buyers.

Feedback Score
    I would not buy any frame that has been modified. By a gunsmith or personal. I have been offered some. I pissed them off for the price i offered for them.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .45fan View Post
    Has anybody with a similar mindset to yours referred to your slide as a hack job like the OP did?
    My point was, and remains, that taking a polymer pistol and making irreversible changes to it does not have a dollar for dollar impact on its value. A $500 Glock is still a $500 Glock irrespective of how much you paid someone to chop, stipple, refinish, etc.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Late to the party-Absent a very few weapons with work performed by a very few craftsmen, no additional value added by modification of the polymer pistol.

Feedback Score
    If I modify anything it's because I'm going to keep it. If someone else is selling something used, usually the only circumstances I buy is from a shop I trust which has looked it over and will assign a price they think to be correct.
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things with insane laws...it's...insane!" -- Penn Jillette

Feedback Score
    I don't personally buy altered firearms. I like stock firearms, then customize them myself.

Feedback Score
    I would say it decreases value if not done by a reputable shop.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Too many variables on home gunsmithing to “roll the dice” on a purchase.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Traded a Glock 26 gen 4 straight up for this. I feel like I got the better end of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast