Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Does modification of a polymer pistol increase the value?

Feedback Score
    There’s a reason I get my Glock slides RMR cut by ATEi and frames stippled by Polymer Refined with documentation to prove it. If I ever need or want to sell, I’ll get a significant portion of my money out of those guns. And it certainly doesn’t hurt that the work is impeccable.

Feedback Score
    I don't think so, personally don't like all the frame mods on Glocks... but to each his own as they say

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don't think they add any value at all, except for night sights. Most of the mods you see done to polymer pistols look like crap IMHO.

Feedback Score
    Unless the mods are exactly what the potential buyer wants, I don't think there is any increase in value. For the most part, buyers would rather have factory guns and have the mods done themselves.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Does modification of a polymer pistol increase the value?

The butt hurt that flows through this thread is amazing.

You know what determines the worth of a modified Glock? The wallet of the person willing to buy it.

Hate it or love it, I see these things sell all the time for more than stock glocks go for.

Just cause you don’t agree with it, doesn’t mean your opinion holds any value in the resale of the Gun. Cause you’re being proven wrong with every sale.

This is like dudes arguing that 1911s are better than Glocks. It’s a new day folks.

They’ll sell regardless of your opinion.

Reading some of these responses, I just picture the old man yelling “get off my lawn!”, mad at the prices that some one else wants to sell their own property for. If you aren’t interested in buying it, don’t worry about it. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Last edited by JulyAZ; 10-28-19 at 12:45.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JulyAZ View Post
    The butt hurt that flows through this thread is amazing.

You know what determines the worth of a modified Glock? The wallet of the person willing to buy it.

Hate it or love it, I see these things sell all the time for more than stock glocks go for.

Just cause you don’t agree with it, doesn’t mean your opinion holds any value in the resale of the Gun. Cause you’re being proven wrong with every sale.

This is like dudes arguing that 1911s are better than Glocks. It’s a new day folks.

They’ll sell regardless of your opinion.

Reading some of these responses, I just picture the old man yelling “get off my lawn!”, mad at the prices that some one else wants to sell their own property for. If you aren’t interested in buying it, don’t worry about it. Lol.

Do you have the ability to make your point without being abrasive? You do realize that you’ve merely repeated what some earlier posters said with more inflammatory phrasing?
    Last edited by Business_Casual; 10-28-19 at 19:12.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Business_Casual View Post
    Do you have the ability to make your point without being abrasive? You do realize that you’ve merely repeated what some earlier posters said with more inflammatory phrasing?
    Absolutely, but there were a few others who had the same sentiment in their responses that fell on deaf ears.

This thread is below the standards that I love about M4C.net And find it absolutely hilarious that it still remains. I felt that tact, was something better thrown to the way side in hopes that, folks would see the ridiculousness of the high horses in this thread.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    No it doesn’t.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glg20 View Post
    Too many variables on home gunsmithing to “roll the dice” on a purchase.
    Depends on if it cosmetic (i.e., stippling) or mechanical.

Since my stippling looks like it was done by Michael J. Fox, no one would want to buy it anyway, which is good, because I stippled it for me.

I don't buy anything with any trigger or action work unless it's a drop-in type of trigger; even then, I want the paperwork. Too much of a liability issue.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456