Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: KISS build decision

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    We’ve talked/pmed over the years here and there, so you know I’m not just kissing your ass, but in that post alone it got ME thinking about some stuff on my own Colt that would make it easier.

The slut is getting a new rail this year. It’s either a URX or a Mk16. Looking hard at it since now they are sold separately. Like if you don’t mind, if I didn’t feel like chopping a block. Would a DD Mk. 18 or whatever block do just as well or what?

Or would you know of someone trustworthy who could shave it and take all the sling crap off to clear the rail?

Thanks for your time and any answers.
    I personally prefer to have a pin in my gas block. I’ve used them with just set screws, but it gives me the creeps. I realize that it may be irrational.

Every URX I’ve had, regardless of version, was installed by KAC. I trust them to do an unpinned GB. I think the ease of installing a pinned GB has been discussed well enough. I’ve done plenty of Geissele installs and they are super simple. I’m sorry that I can’t speak to shops, as I haven’t used any. JoshNC is a wizard at making FSB look like it was designed to be a low pro pinned GB.
    .25 Lorcin w/ comp and red dot AIWB and a 9mm Calico folder as primary

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I have 1 6920 and 1 6933 set up identical to each other. KAC RAS, SF Scout, SOPMOD, VCAS sling, carry handle.

My 2nd 6920 just got the same set up sans the carry handle. I opted to go with the ACOG 3.5x35 LED red chevron.

For travel purposes and trying to keep is simple, carry handle and no worries.

Edited to add: The ACOG uses a single AA battery. Lithium gives it a years worth of juice at 4 setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I have an LMT 10.5” SBR and a Colt 6920 outfitted identically. Surefire M300. VCAS sling. No optics. Both have a Troy BUIS.

I usually carry the LMT with me when I go on road trips. The 6920 is just a rifle that sits in the safe since it was so cheap but I’d like to find a purpose for it. The downside to the 6920 is I’d have to keep it disassembled because it’s loo long for my bag. The downside to the LMT is if I ever have to use it not having a 5320.20 might be an issue.

I’m debating on whether I should throw carry handles on both rifles and be done with it, or get an Aimpoint PRO or used M2/ML3 etc on one or both. I like the idea of not requiring batteries to shoot. If I did get an optic it would go on whichever rifle I used for travel.

Just trying to keep things simple. I put?
    Last edited by davidjinks; 10-14-19 at 22:20.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Last edited by Five_Point_Five_Six; 10-22-19 at 18:50.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 6933 View Post
    Stay away from ADCO.

Nefarious Arms(Marvin Pitts)-contact on Facebook- does great work. Used to be master armorer for KAC. Developed the golf ball dimpling for them.
    I second this sentiment. I sent a heavy profile 308 barrel to Marvin for the ball dimple and he did an amazing job. Just wanted to reduce a little weight without affecting rigidity and he did just that. More than the machining he also gives great advice and recommendations based on what your goals are. I am sending my Rainier Arms Mod 2 barrel to them soon, probably for him to flute for me. On contact, I email Beth, she knows the pricing and if there are more technical questions she’s alway had Marvin call me. He is the only guy I will go to for barrel work. I’m sure others are also skilled, but his prices are fair and he turns them around in a timely manner. He’s a Jedi Master of barrels.

If anyone wants his Services/ Pricing sheet let me know and I can email it to you.

nefariousarms@live.com

Beth has her own email she responds with but she answers emails to that address, it’s been same day for me usually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Texas has yet to learn submission to any oppression, come from what source it may."
    ~ Sam Houston

“The liberties of our country, the freedom of our civil constitution, are worth defending against all hazards: And it is our duty to defend them against all attacks.”
    ~ Sam Adams

Feedback Score
    2 (75%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I want a mk16 rail just to make people mad
    I don't know why anyone would be mad. Just be aware that the 13.5 version is about 14.77oz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaykayyy
    And to the guys whining about spending more on training, and relying less on the hardware, you just sound like your [sic] trying to make yourself feel superior.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sry0fcr View Post
    I don't know why anyone would be mad. Just be aware that the 13.5 version is about 14.77oz.
    Unless Yao Ming is a member here, I am literally the biggest, lankiest M4Cer here. It won’t kill me.

I just like the aesthetics. I’m not going to be jumping out of planes or hammering nails with it.

A URX 4 is certainly in my future. Probably for my SR25. Def for my 300 blk build.

I like my 3.1 but see where it is kinda lacking.

For reference I make my ECC look like a Colt Commando.

I can literally pocket carry an MP5K.

And if I go to Japan them two tiny Japanese girls summon Mothra just in case.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by NongShim View Post
    I personally prefer to have a pin in my gas block. I’ve used them with just set screws, but it gives me the creeps. I realize that it may be irrational.

Every URX I’ve had, regardless of version, was installed by KAC. I trust them to do an unpinned GB. I think the ease of installing a pinned GB has been discussed well enough. I’ve done plenty of Geissele installs and they are super simple. I’m sorry that I can’t speak to shops, as I haven’t used any. JoshNC is a wizard at making FSB look like it was designed to be a low pro pinned GB.
    Thanks. And Josh is the man on stuff. Will keep in mind or say eff it and get a geissele block.

At the end of the day it’s gonna work

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, what's the final decision?

Feedback Score
    If you want a KISS rifle, just do it. Look into replacing those irons with something from the 21st Centry

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sunE2XsJVVA

Ultradyne irons are faster than A2 at close range and you can hit at much longer ranges consistently. I had A2s, Primary Arms prism, and Sig Romeo 3 red dot. All were good in their wheelhouse but the Ultradynes are almost as good at specifics and better all round than any of these. They weigh nothing but are expensive.

Feedback Score
    Euro starting a thread asking an ARFY question? What gives? Me thinks something is stanky in Denmark.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast