Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: KISS build decision

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    We’ve talked/pmed over the years here and there, so you know I’m not just kissing your ass, but in that post alone it got ME thinking about some stuff on my own Colt that would make it easier.

The slut is getting a new rail this year. It’s either a URX or a Mk16. Looking hard at it since now they are sold separately. Like if you don’t mind, if I didn’t feel like chopping a block. Would a DD Mk. 18 or whatever block do just as well or what?

Or would you know of someone trustworthy who could shave it and take all the sling crap off to clear the rail?

Thanks for your time and any answers.
    ADCO or John Thomas of Retro Arms Works can do the chop of a gas block and remove the bayonet lug. I've had work done by both and have no complaints (John Thomas actually answers his phone and his turnaround time is lightning fast).
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Ditto on not using ADCO. Had a 14.5 pinned and welded through them. While the work came back in a reasonable time frame it looked like my wife did it and the guy was a prick to communicate with.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    John Thomas did an FSB install, and a pin/weld job on a barrel for one of my Retro clones. Once he got my stuff in the mail he had it for about six hours before it was on its way back to me, completed.

My two main KISS Jeep guns at the moment.

RO727 style carbine.
    IMG_20191014_181133.jpg

10.3" SBR
    IMG_20190902_200717416.jpg

Neither gun currently has a light mounted all the time but do have rail sections on the left side where I can stick the light that I keep in my Jeep.
    The SBR has a Blitzkrieg luminescent front sight post in it, which I kind of like but also complicates zeroing, since the luminescence is only on one side of the post, so dialing in the elevation is interesting.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    John Thomas did an FSB install, and a pin/weld job on a barrel for one of my Retro clones. Once he got my stuff in the mail he had it for about six hours before it was on its way back to me, completed.
    I've had a similar experience with John Thomas. He received my barrel at 11:00 a.m. and I received tracking info at 2:30 p.m. the same day. His work is second to none as well. He's legit.

Honestly though, I'd throw a T1/T2 on either of the two rifles and call it a day. Change batteries every new years/birthday/etc.

If you're trying to save space for ease of storage, I think the Aimpoint Micros make more sense than the Pro. Depending on the vehicle, you may be able to find a nice safe that fits under the rear seat so you don't have to worry about length, then run the Colt and keep the LMT at home.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Rogue556; 10-14-19 at 17:57.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    nostalgia

2: a wistful or excessively sentimental yearning for return to or of some past period or irrecoverable condition

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Stay away from ADCO.

Nefarious Arms(Marvin Pitts)-contact on Facebook- does great work. Used to be master armorer for KAC. Developed the golf ball dimpling for them.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    https://www.dwilsonmfg.com/store/c1/store

Does really good work as well.

Also with CompM4s being as cheap as they are used nowadays I think it’s hard to argue against the performance gains.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I want a mk16 rail just to make people mad

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The KISS easy button is to throw a T2 on the 6920 and deal with the overall length of the rifle.

If you want a low pro gas block and rail the easy button there is to sell the 6920 and buy a factory gun set up that way. BCM or Sionics.

This thread doesn't feel real though because Euro knows his stuff already.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    We’ve talked/pmed over the years here and there, so you know I’m not just kissing your ass, but in that post alone it got ME thinking about some stuff on my own Colt that would make it easier.

The slut is getting a new rail this year. It’s either a URX or a Mk16. Looking hard at it since now they are sold separately. Like if you don’t mind, if I didn’t feel like chopping a block. Would a DD Mk. 18 or whatever block do just as well or what?

Or would you know of someone trustworthy who could shave it and take all the sling crap off to clear the rail?

Thanks for your time and any answers.
    Send me your barreled upper and I’ll take care of your FSB. I’ve always done my own. Takes about an hour between the grinder, dremel, and high temp muffler paint.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast