Thread: Urxiii alternatives

Feedback Score

Urxiii alternatives

I have a 12.whatever -inch urx3...the one with the integrated front sight and absolutely love it.
    Sturdy, light, feels good, right length, even looks good.

Im starting to look for parts for a precision build and want something similar since these are unobtainable now. Is the giesslie mk14 the closest thing? I like the 1913rail up front since it will be mounting a bipod... or is this misguided? Looking for mlok for the rest of the hand guard

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Any reason not to look at the URX4? Then just add pic rails where you need them?

For the Geissele think it's the MK13 that has the rails at 3,6 and 9 o'clock, the MK14 is mlok all the way to the end.

Also if you don't mind full length mlok, look at the LaRue LAT. Supposed to be a solid mounting system and the 13.2" rail is like $130... a bit less than the others.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Several places have URX 3's in the 13.5" length if that works for you.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post
    Any reason not to look at the URX4? Then just add pic rails where you need them?

For the Geissele think it's the MK13 that has the rails at 3,6 and 9 o'clock, the MK14 is mlok all the way to the end.

Also if you don't mind full length mlok, look at the LaRue LAT. Supposed to be a solid mounting system and the 13.2" rail is like $130... a bit less than the others.

For the urx4, would adding a pic rail to the mlock be ok to load a bipod from?
    Do they make direct mlok bipods?

Maybe i need to do more research first. I’m assuming pic is the way to go- so maybe not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by vandal5 View Post

Maybe i need to do more research first. I’m assuming pic is the way to go- so maybe not.

Feedback Score
    20 (100%)
    I’m using a KM URX4 on my SPR style rifle. No issues at all with KM or Mlok for attaching a rail for the bipod.

Outside of going with an LMT MRP I don’t think there’s anything more solid than the URX4 since the rail is the barrel nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post

Magpul makes a direct attach mlok bipod. There have been a few threads here about it.

I was thinking of getting one but may wait for the sling mount one that has not been released yet (on there website) and use that with a mlok attached sling stud.

Can't really speak to any real world use. Just been doing research as I am also looking to get a bipod.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skatz11 View Post
    I’m using a KM URX4 on my SPR style rifle. No issues at all with KM or Mlok for attaching a rail for the bipod.

Outside of going with an LMT MRP I don’t think there’s anything more solid than the URX4 since the rail is the barrel nut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Just curious, is it public what URX4's are made from? I would assume it 6061 because (I assume) it's extruded, then machined, but does anyone know for sure?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    It is 6061.