Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ethical

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    If anyone gives you crap, ask them why they aren't hunting via spear, atlatl, stone throwing, death pits, or driving them off a cliff the way it used to be done.
    Great answer!

Get the Crossbow.
    Politician's Prefer Unarmed Peasants

Feedback Score
    In maine, min caliber is a 22mag. I bet that rifle would have zero kick. I use a ar15 in 5.56 for deer hunting. Works great. where you are used to a bow, the range would work the 5.56 round. I am not a fan of crossbows.

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    I've been bowhunting since '81, enjoying every aspect of the sport from compounds to longbows with cedar arrows.
    .223Pound please message me so that we can link up. Your mailbox is full.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk
    "It is better to be a Warrior in a Garden than a Gardner in a War"
    Let's use the First Amendment to protect the Second so we can avoid using the Second to protect the First.

Feedback Score
    Nothing wrong with a crossbow. Even though a CB is a little easier to shoot than a compound and dos t require the same amount of practice It’s the archer not the arrow that ultimately gets the job done. Can’t kill deer from the couch in your living room, at least most people can’t. ;-)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    I've been bowhunting since '81, enjoying every aspect of the sport from compounds to longbows with cedar arrows.
    However, after three shoulder surgeries, including a completely torn and retracted rotator cuff that was beyond repair, I reluctantly put down my last bow three years ago. I was never a fan of crossbows, but I really miss those seasons spent watching the natural world from a treestand.
    I guess old traditions die hard, but I've been putting a lot of thought into getting a getting a crossbow, and getting back out into the woods.
    Any thoughts on this?
    I ask you @.233Pound, is any arrow from your Bow any more or less "ethical" if it is fired from a bow that is compounded or long as compared to a crossbow?

You like to hunt, and you love using this method, but sadly it might not be on the table, but you still wish/like to hunt, and you should do what brings happiness and joy into your life.

Crossbows are very ethical in the taking of game, they provide a more stable, safe platform for you to take better shots, ensuring a clean, quick kill, and being at the ready should you need to defend yourself from predators, assuming you do not carry a pistol.

I always ask this question in regards to anything "Does X increase my ability to survive and be free" if it does, then it is moral, for that which does enable and aid in the survival of thrival is always moral, that which prevents or diminishes it is ALWAYS immoral, evil, and should be destroyed.
    x
    People always ask me "Why do you think it should be ok to use X to hunt game with" I reply back with "I do, that is why I use it" it tends to shut them up.

If people do not want to use X, great on them, I will, will more often than not come out with a kill and enjoy the taste of victory rather then pat myself on the back for placing unnecessary burdens that kept my from achieving the best results out of some misguided desire to be "respectful" to people who are not me, do not value me, my rights, and the existence therefore.

So enjoy your entry into the crossbow world, or maybe look into Airbows (air gun meets crossbow)..

My family was hunting with Semi Auto Black rifles before it was cool, and we enjoyed many great meals and made some great money off of it, I hope breaking out into a new method rewards you with many great times.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    There is nothing like getting into the woods and smelling fresh air, all the nature....buy the crossbow.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12