Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: US Made Glocks GTG?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    The way the gun rides on the belt, sitting, squatting or certain movements. WHen I was a LEO a 4" barrel, 4.4 with the Sig P226, riding in a Patrol vehicle or sitting in a chair at the typewriter/computer, it did not push UP on your belt and kick the pistol up into the ribs/kidney. It is what I carried daily while in uniform or in plain close as an investigator. We all wore OWB, no cross draw or shoulder holsters.
    I never carried a 1911 on duty but I did a BHP for a time when allowed to carry personal weapon prior to agency issued.
    After retiring I gained weight, but have since lost most of the gain. I have been trying to learn/get used to AWIB. The G48/G19 are too long of a barrel/slide and poke me where I don't want to be poked. The G43X feels good in the hand and has a barrel length of the Shield.
    The G45/19x and M&P9 when fully loaded balance well and just feel natural in my hands. The 19 feels a little short through the grip but manageable.
    IT is much like a hammer. feels good in the hand and it swings right to hit the nail. I never owned a Glock until the 19x and Gen 5's came out. Wife took the 19x and I picked up a G45, not limited on magazines.
    I like my M&P9 FS 1.0 with an RMR milled by ATEI Guns. I picked up a G19.5 MOS slide and added an RMR on a C&H Precision mounting plate. Works on my 19, 19x or G45. Still the basic size and feel.
    The Sig and M&P have a larger area inside the trigger guard than the Glocks. Glad it is not that cold in Texas for heavy gloves.
    Nice post. Probably going to get a MOS Slide as you explained.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    Do you have any comments on brass to face?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Picked mine up on GB Glock Parts from The Modern Sportsman. I bought a 19.5 MOS frame, a G45 frame and the G19.5 MOS slide.
    Last purchase was a complete G43X slide to replace the G48 slide. Much Better

https://www.bigtexoutdoors.com/produ...-19-19x-34-45/ Another place with an assortment of OEM Glock parts
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Do you have any comments on brass to face?
    Didn't see it noted in his post.

Sorry my views on the issue aren't aligned with yours.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My G34 is American and is my most beloved Glock.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Didn't see it noted in his post.

Sorry my views on the issue aren't aligned with yours.
    Don’t blame your inadequacies on me. My views don’t factor into you being wrong.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    I’ve owned a couple different models of USA made Glocks. They shot/carried like every other Glock I’ve owned. I no longer have them. Just a weird, personal preference thing I guess. Glocks are Austrian and that’s what I want to see on the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by dirkmagurk View Post
    Recently shot a friends current 2019 production G19.3 made in the USA and it is one of the best shooting stock Glocks I have shot. The trigger is amazingly clean with no grit and a light crisp break. What have all your experiences been with the USA Glocks? Is this just the norm for the newer production gen 3 pistols?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    It is a Kali Compliant Glock. GT Distributors sells them. Currently OOS
    https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/...15rd-mags.html
    In Stock
    https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/...17rd-mags.html
    OOS
    https://www.gtdist.com/brands/glock/...-civilian.html

They also offer Gen 3 Blue Label guns
    Site needs to be updated. No longer being stocked.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Picked up another 19.3 and a 17.3 since it appears they aren’t going to be around much longer. Both are Austrian marked but have excellent triggers out of the box. I appreciate the gen 5 pistols, but for me the trigger is a deal breaker. The type of shooting I do I don’t want a “surprise break” if I need to take a precision shoot I want to know exactly when the trigger will break.

Feedback Score
    I have been trying to find a gen 3 17 and 19 for a year now. I settled for an gen 4 19. But want a 17 pretty bad. And i do not want to go gen 4

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast