Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
The way the gun rides on the belt, sitting, squatting or certain movements. WHen I was a LEO a 4" barrel, 4.4 with the Sig P226, riding in a Patrol vehicle or sitting in a chair at the typewriter/computer, it did not push UP on your belt and kick the pistol up into the ribs/kidney. It is what I carried daily while in uniform or in plain close as an investigator. We all wore OWB, no cross draw or shoulder holsters.
I never carried a 1911 on duty but I did a BHP for a time when allowed to carry personal weapon prior to agency issued.
After retiring I gained weight, but have since lost most of the gain. I have been trying to learn/get used to AWIB. The G48/G19 are too long of a barrel/slide and poke me where I don't want to be poked. The G43X feels good in the hand and has a barrel length of the Shield.
The G45/19x and M&P9 when fully loaded balance well and just feel natural in my hands. The 19 feels a little short through the grip but manageable.
IT is much like a hammer. feels good in the hand and it swings right to hit the nail. I never owned a Glock until the 19x and Gen 5's came out. Wife took the 19x and I picked up a G45, not limited on magazines.
I like my M&P9 FS 1.0 with an RMR milled by ATEI Guns. I picked up a G19.5 MOS slide and added an RMR on a C&H Precision mounting plate. Works on my 19, 19x or G45. Still the basic size and feel.
The Sig and M&P have a larger area inside the trigger guard than the Glocks. Glad it is not that cold in Texas for heavy gloves.
Nice post. Probably going to get a MOS Slide as you explained.