Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: US Made Glocks GTG?

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    DELETE, Duplicate

NOW THAT IS FUNNY...kinda like, Look that up in your Funk n Wagnal
    Last edited by RWH24; 10-15-19 at 20:38.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    The answer is simple.
    One is made in the USA.
    The other in Austria.

Other than that they are both Glock.
    No parts differences.

Feedback Score
    I think that "Austria" just looks cooler on the slide.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    So I have a Gen3 G19 with tens of thousands of rounds through it. Have the sights setup up as I like (MMC adj rear, Tritium Front) and am very comfortable with shooting it and all aspects of weapons manipulation with it. Have a Gen3 G26 and 17L with same sight setup and they all shoot the same POA/POI I have shot for decades. Taken numerous classes with G19 and when it failed once (user error not locktiting new tritium front and it left said front), G26 stepped in as backup for the next 2 days no issues.

Is a Gen5 going to be a significantly better with all the "improvements" or just better on paper with prior glock experience determining real amount of improvement. For example, fantastic second coming of the messiah if you're coming off BTF Glock, but for me just better on paper with slight real world improvements.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    I think that "Austria" just looks cooler on the slide.
    Cooler ? how? they are literally the same gun.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post
    So I have a Gen3 G19 with tens of thousands of rounds through it. Have the sights setup up as I like (MMC adj rear, Tritium Front) and am very comfortable with shooting it and all aspects of weapons manipulation with it. Have a Gen3 G26 and 17L with same sight setup and they all shoot the same POA/POI I have shot for decades. Taken numerous classes with G19 and when it failed once (user error not locktiting new tritium front and it left said front), G26 stepped in as backup for the next 2 days no issues.

Is a Gen5 going to be a significantly better with all the "improvements" or just better on paper with prior glock experience determining real amount of improvement. For example, fantastic second coming of the messiah if you're coming off BTF Glock, but for me just better on paper with slight real world improvements.
    I don’t think the Gen5 is going to be done magical pistol. But it sounds like you only have one G19. You need more. Get some Gen5s and sell off the 26 and 17!

If I were recommending someone to a handgun it would always be the Gen5 G19 (over a Gen3 or 4) But I wouldn’t recommend someone buy one to replace a well functioning 3 that they are comfortable with.

I find the 5 trigger way better. It’s more accurate (I am hitting IPSCs a 150 yards like it’s child’s play) My only gripe is that it has parts that are not compatible with prior generations.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ndmiller View Post

Depends. Like you I use a 19.3 for carry and a 17.3 for class. Accurate, reliable guns. However, as a lefty doing malfunction drills that require the slide locking back is a 3 handed affair. May as well just start throwing rocks, it'll be faster. The 5th gens come with ambi slide stops. Faster on reload not to mention malfunctions.

Actually pisses me off that they couldn't have done that on the 43X

Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    Cooler ? how? they are literally the same gun.
    He means the word "AUSTRIA" stamped on the to slide looks cooler to him vs the word "U.S.A"

I still want to get a gen 5. Just waiting till they're out a bit longer.
    Last edited by Arik; 10-16-19 at 06:35.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Why do you guys run two different guns? The 19 is great for classes, CCW, night vision, everything. It is the perfect handgun.

Feedback Score
    I have 6 glocks, ALL gen 3 and one gen4. The one USA made has a different coating on the slide. Looks like the same type of finish. Just the color is slightly off. But just as durable as the other ones. Tho one is a very old gen 22 with the frying pan finish.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Depends. Like you I use a 19.3 for carry and a 17.3 for class. Accurate, reliable guns. However, as a lefty doing malfunction drills that require the slide locking back is a 3 handed affair. May as well just start throwing rocks, it'll be faster. The 5th gens come with ambi slide stops. Faster on reload not to mention malfunctions.

Actually pisses me off that they couldn't have done that on the 43X

He means the word "AUSTRIA" stamped on the to slide looks cooler to him vs the word "U.S.A"

I still want to get a gen 5. Just waiting till they're out a bit longer.
    Austria Stamp is more cooler than the U.S.A, wow where is our sense of pride.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast