Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: US Made Glocks GTG?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by .223Pound View Post
    Austria Stamp is more cooler than the U.S.A, wow where is our sense of pride.
    I don't know nor care where his pride is. It's just how I understood his post.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Why do you guys run two different guns? The 19 is great for classes, CCW, night vision, everything. It is the perfect handgun.
    I don't know, kinda worked out that way. When I started carrying in 01 it was with full size guns. Back then I didn't even know there were different sizes. When I eventually made it over to Glocks I started with the 22 then the 17. So it originally was my carry gun. When shooting all day the longer grip of the 17 feels more natural. Can't explain it. 19s are great guns and I should use it more in class.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by robbins290 View Post
    I have 6 glocks, ALL gen 3 and one gen4. The one USA made has a different coating on the slide. Looks like the same type of finish. Just the color is slightly off. But just as durable as the other ones. Tho one is a very old gen 22 with the frying pan finish.
    In one of my first Glock Armorer's Courses they told us the tennifer finish applied by Glock Austria was not able to be applied in the US due to EPA regs. Unknown if this is true information, just what we were told.

I never really paid attention, I have 9 Glocks plus a 24C upper, all are from Austria, even the 19X and the 43.

I actually prefer Gen 2's they function fine for me, and I don't have to shave off finger grooves, biggest downside, no light rails.

I have a G22 Gen2 that went through 300 to 400 rounds a month from 1993 until I plunked in a 9mm conversion barrel about 2010, from that point on the frame saw on average about 1,000 a month until I switched to an M&P 2.0, then a G19X. Still going strong, flawless whenever I shoot it. Rails are fine. Still using original locking block.

TLR - Glock = GTG
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    I don't know, kinda worked out that way. When I started carrying in 01 it was with full size guns. Back then I didn't even know there were different sizes. When I eventually made it over to Glocks I started with the 22 then the 17. So it originally was my carry gun. When shooting all day the longer grip of the 17 feels more natural. Can't explain it. 19s are great guns and I should use it more in class.
    You need a 19X.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 26 Inf View Post
    You need a 19X.
    Eh. I mean I'm not against it but it's kinda pointless. I already have a 17 and the grip is the hardest thing to conceal. Besides there is a good point to Euro's post. It's great for carry and simultaneously good enough for using in class. When both come together you can be very confident with what you carry

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    In my LEO last 17 years on duty I was issued a Sig P226. After retirement I picked up an M&P9 1.0 FS. Long grip and 17 rounds. Then the Gen 5 Glocks came along and I was amazed. I picked up a 17 and 19.5. When the G45 came out, I dumped the 17. I have retired my Shield for a G43x.
    The 4", 4.25 & 4.4 are what I am accustomed to. The 17 and the M&P 5" are ok but not for me. Now a 1911?? 5" all day, every day.
    It's what we get used to and comfortable with. The M&P 2.0 Compact does not feel as good in hand as a G19.5.
    Like the old saying goes..."IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT!"

Aaron Cowan carries a G17 with RMR, AIWB for EDC. Just not ME.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RWH24 View Post
    In my LEO last 17 years on duty I was issued a Sig P226. After retirement I picked up an M&P9 1.0 FS. Long grip and 17 rounds. Then the Gen 5 Glocks came along and I was amazed. I picked up a 17 and 19.5. When the G45 came out, I dumped the 17. I have retired my Shield for a G43x.
    The 4", 4.25 & 4.4 are what I am accustomed to. The 17 and the M&P 5" are ok but not for me. Now a 1911?? 5" all day, every day.
    It's what we get used to and comfortable with. The M&P 2.0 Compact does not feel as good in hand as a G19.5.
    Like the old saying goes..."IF IT FEELS GOOD, DO IT!"

Aaron Cowan carries a G17 with RMR, AIWB for EDC. Just not ME.
    Can I ask what difference the barrel/slide make? I get the grip....can be harder/easier to conceal, more/less comfortable to hold/shoot. But the slide/barrel length?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Eh. I mean I'm not against it but it's kinda pointless. I already have a 17 and the grip is the hardest thing to conceal. Besides there is a good point to Euro's post. It's great for carry and simultaneously good enough for using in class. When both come together you can be very confident with what you carry
    I agree, wasn't thinking of CCW - my 19X replaced my M&P2.0 as my production gun for action pistol.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a porcelain Glock 7 that was made in Germany.
    Last edited by flenna; 10-16-19 at 19:25.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    Can I ask what difference the barrel/slide make? I get the grip....can be harder/easier to conceal, more/less comfortable to hold/shoot. But the slide/barrel length?
    The way the gun rides on the belt, sitting, squatting or certain movements. WHen I was a LEO a 4" barrel, 4.4 with the Sig P226, riding in a Patrol vehicle or sitting in a chair at the typewriter/computer, it did not push UP on your belt and kick the pistol up into the ribs/kidney. It is what I carried daily while in uniform or in plain close as an investigator. We all wore OWB, no cross draw or shoulder holsters.
    I never carried a 1911 on duty but I did a BHP for a time when allowed to carry personal weapon prior to agency issued.
    After retiring I gained weight, but have since lost most of the gain. I have been trying to learn/get used to AWIB. The G48/G19 are too long of a barrel/slide and poke me where I don't want to be poked. The G43X feels good in the hand and has a barrel length of the Shield.
    The G45/19x and M&P9 when fully loaded balance well and just feel natural in my hands. The 19 feels a little short through the grip but manageable.
    IT is much like a hammer. feels good in the hand and it swings right to hit the nail. I never owned a Glock until the 19x and Gen 5's came out. Wife took the 19x and I picked up a G45, not limited on magazines.
    I like my M&P9 FS 1.0 with an RMR milled by ATEI Guns. I picked up a G19.5 MOS slide and added an RMR on a C&H Precision mounting plate. Works on my 19, 19x or G45. Still the basic size and feel.
    The Sig and M&P have a larger area inside the trigger guard than the Glocks. Glad it is not that cold in Texas for heavy gloves.
    POW-MIA, #22untilnone
    Let Us #NeverForget!

If I agreed with you, we'd both be wrong.

The last thing I want to do is hurt you,
    but it's still on my list.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast