Thread: Lost on flip up scope covers

Feedback Score

Lost on flip up scope covers

OK guys dont beat me up please on this question...I know this isnt about a black rifle.....LOL... OK the question is I have a Zeiss conquest 3.5x X 10x 50mm scope...Bought last year ....I am looking for flip up sight covers for the front and rear of the scope....I am offshore,with out the scope and I am wanting to make a purchase while I am out here....I need a little help on finding the right size flip up covers

Feedback Score
    Sorry I cant help you with exact sizes, but I know from experience that about the only way ive ever found the right caps is to stand with the scope in my hand at the rack and try them. The sizes dont seem to correlate to anything.

You would think that if scope caps were such a large part of their business they would compile a list of scopes and the appropriate sizes. Oh well!

Good Luck!
    Last edited by JasonCz; 11-16-08 at 08:47.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    If you knew the sizes of the Objective and Eye lenses, you can determine the cover size that you need from this CHART.

Then you can go from tehre. Good luck!!
    Last edited by CarlosDJackal; 11-16-08 at 13:27.
    We must not believe the Evil One when he tells us that there is nothing we can do in the face of violence, injustice and sin. - Pope Francis I

Feedback Score

Thanks for the reply

Hey Guys Thanks for the Replys! I am going to look into the Table and see what it comes up with....Yeah but no joke I do think there should be a standard to follow for those kids of things....Hint Hint Company men!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    If you look at how small the increments are between sizes you will see why it is difficult unless you "try them on for size". The difference between #19s and #20s is .036 inch.

Not hard to try for fit if the optic is not mounted, not so discreet to carry the gun into the store for mounted optics.

I put Butler Creek flip ups on my rangefinder and the size I thought was correct by measuring was too big.