Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Drug Shortages, another Canary Keels over....Pay attention....

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lsllc View Post
    Therefore her existence is being maintained by her own body. They are providing her with food, water, shelter, and safety of at least in theory. You can’t blame the facility for doing exactly what the decision maker asked.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I absolutely can rail on the facility and more so the field at large for promoting/conditioning the notion that maintaining baseline existence of the human condition is an acceptable if not optimal existence. All the while fleecing Medicaid, Medicare, and personal funds in the process.

Obviously it goes well beyond that and is a societal issue at large as evidenced by the fact this thread exists in the first place and we have people (you) advocating an interventionist approach to prohibit people from having a say in their fate.

Feedback Score

Drug Shortages, another Canary Keels over....Pay attention....

I didn’t suggest anything about prohibiting people choose their fate. I suggest against getting healthcare providers to break their oath to assist one in an immoral act.

Moral of the story, if you don’t desire a service, don’t utilize it. It’s as if you expect the hospital to kill your relative that you don’t think should be alive or the assisted living facility to starve the person that hired them.

Last edited by lsllc; 10-23-19 at 11:57.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    You’re misconstruing two distinct and separate issues.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    You’re misconstruing two distinct and separate issues.

I think that’s what you’re doing. You transitioned from euthanasia and ethical concerns of life support in an ICU setting, then to assisted living? I don’t quite understand.

Feedback Score
    Alright guys I really am out this time. I’m unsubbing this thread. We aren’t getting anywhere.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpmuscle View Post
    Quick aside: my 86 yo grandmother had a stroke two years ago and fortunately she survived. She was placed in an assisted living facility as a temporary measure. Unfortunately dementia has progressed to the point now where she has nearly lost her entire identity and it is beyond depressing. Cognitive functioning continues to decline. She’s stable but she remains in the facility is just leaching money at this point maintaining her existence imo.
    Here is the difference, my 86 yoa mother had a stroke, three years ago. My sisters were present, it was Thanksgiving and they had driven in to spend the holiday. My mother had made it very clear with the requisite paperwork, and in speaking to each of us, including my stepfather, what she wanted done in such a case - nothing.

My sister's complied with her wishes and called me to drive over. Mom never regained consciousness and we all had time with her before she passed.

MY father-in-law is 94 and lives with us. He was equally explicit with my wife, and also backed it up with the requisite paperwork. Falls are one thing, strokes at age 86. or 94 are signs it should be over. JMO.
    Patriotism means to stand by the country. It does not mean to stand by the President... - Theodore Roosevelt, Lincoln and Free Speech, Metropolitan Magazine, Volume 47, Number 6, May 1918.

Every Communist must grasp the truth. Political power grows out of the barrel of a gun. Our principle is that the Party commands the gun, and the gun must never be allowed to command the Party Mao Zedong, 6 November, 1938 - speech to the Communist Patry of China's sixth Central Committee

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213