Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Recommend Pistol Suppressor for .45 | 9mm | use as PCC a +

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Recommend Pistol Suppressor for .45 | 9mm | use as PCC a +

So what is the hot setup these days for a dual purpose .45 | 9mm pistol suppressor?

I would like to not have to change sights. Need 1/2" threads

If it could be used on a 9mm PCC that would be a plus but would also need 5/8" thread adapter.

I have not done research on this setup in a few years so I know there is some new stuff out there but not sure what to look at and what to maybe pass on.

TB

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Which PCC with 5/8-24 threads?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For use on a .45 you will need 5/8-24 threads. 1/2” does not leave enough steel.

The piston for the pistols should have the correct threads then you will just need the correct mount for the PCC (direct thread or other style mount).

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I use my Octane .45 on all my 9mm’s and PCC. I leave the booster in and just screw it innthe PCC with no problems.

I don’t have any .45 that are threaded but bought the larger can just in case I get a wild hair one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’m a big fan of the Silencerco Omega 45k. I don’t have one but I’ve shot one on a Glock 17 and it’s pretty quiet. I have the Omega 9k and it’s a well built can for under $700.00.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    Which PCC with 5/8-24 threads?
    I got that mixed up. I thought something like a Stribog would be 5/8 but it's 1/2"

Also all the the .45 barrels I see are listed at .578 ... not sure if that's what they consider 1/2" or something totally different.

I may just end up going totally 9MM. I'm probably very less likely to want to shoot .45 suppressed any way.

The more I look at prices and options I'm leaning more and more just 9mm. That's what I have an immediate need/use for.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    I’m a big fan of the Silencerco Omega 45k. I don’t have one but I’ve shot one on a Glock 17 and it’s pretty quiet. I have the Omega 9k and it’s a well built can for under $700.00.

That 45K does look like it would cover all my bases. I'm pretty sure that's the same one that the FFL recommended to me years ago. I guess it's held it's place well.

If I went 9mm only I could knock off 3oz. If I go .45 I add $71 for a piston. ... although on the SilencerShop site the 9K comes standard with 5/8" and you have to get the 1/2" extra anyway.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenneth View Post
    I use my Octane .45 on all my 9mm’s and PCC. I leave the booster in and just screw it innthe PCC with no problems.

I don’t have any .45 that are threaded but bought the larger can just in case I get a wild hair one day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I like the fact of a serviceable situation but then it's subsonic only on .300. I have a use for the .300 and that would put me off a bit having to not run supers.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Personally I would stay away from K style cans... unless your shooting subs all the time. They are louder compared to a full size can. I would look at a modular style one !

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Anything specific? I'm open to anything.

What exactly does it mean when a can is K style? I was going to ask that earlier. I thought it had something to do with the baffle shape but maybe more to it than that?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast