Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 11.5 Carbine Length Barrel for Suppressor 95%+

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

11.5 Carbine Length Barrel for Suppressor 95%+

(Can't decide if this is general or technical … thanks in advance mods)

Looking for recommendations on a, 11.5 Carbine length 5.56 barrel for use heavily with suppressor usage. An A5H2/H3 will be quipped available as needed.

So far I have found:

SCIONICS RGP
    Triarc TRACK 2.0

For this I am not looking for stainless, specialized gas systems, or non-standard things like threads. This has to be as as close to 'common use' as possible.

I am looking for others that have experience with barrels of this size. I am not a total accuracy snob as the parts in this category will probably shoot well within the needs.

Both of the above 2 have a 6-10 week backorder.

Would appreciate any practical feedback on 11.5" experiences with a suppressor … if you have one would you buy it again or not and why?

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Sionics.

You’re going to get a bunch of ill informed replies that say otherwise, but the answer is Sionics RGP.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Sionics.

You’re going to get a bunch of ill informed replies that say otherwise, but the answer is Sionics RGP.
    This or just cut down a Colt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    40 (100%)
    Sionics

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    +1 for Sionics RGP, runs both suppressed and unsupressed with an A5 system. Suppressor is a Surefire socom 762 mini. And I’m a left handed shooter so minimizing gas blowback was a priority.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Colt 11.5 FBI HRT barrel.
    Shooter like Kukoč

Feedback Score
    Sionics RGP, 11.5, Sionics gas block, tube, bolt carrier group Vtlor A5-H2buffer. rugged razor...
    Tula, wolf steel cased, wolf gold, am eagle , etc. my own handloads etc.
    Boringly reliable 1000 rounds give or take...

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I run a sionics 11.5 RGP. It’s a great barrel and I think 0.71. A friend that runs suppressed full time has an eRGP in 11.5 and likes it as well.

That said, the SOLGW 11.5 are also 0.71 and less expensive. They go on sale via Primary arms every couple of weeks. Depending on your budget and timing..it could be worth checking out.

*Edit: I re-read your post and realized you are already dialed in this area.. but leaving in case someone else isn’t aware. * Be prepared to start playing with buffers/spring combos. Getting the timing right is important for reliable operation. If you can pick a load you plan to shoot, ie m193 and mk262, it will help. May ask Mike from SOLGW or any of the guys from Sionics what they recommend to help cut down the learning curve.
    Last edited by John W; 10-16-19 at 20:05. Reason: Words

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have the sionics rgp barrel that is shot with an aac mini4 100% of the time. I use an a5h3 or h4 depending on which lower its on at the time. It is very smooth and Id compare it to my suppressed kac 11.5. I only have 3,000rds through it buts functioned flawlessly.
    Last edited by Cmm46; 10-16-19 at 20:54. Reason: Typo

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    For dedicated suppressed use, you'll want a very small port.

We have several great solutions for running suppressed.

Our BRT OPTIMUM CQB-S is setup for mixed or dedicated suppressed use with a very small gas port and is in stock now.

This runs beautifully with a low pressure suppressor and light buffer.

Our BRT OPTIMUM SB has an extended carbine gas system for 100% dedicated suppressed use and should be available in a couple weeks.

The other option is a standard barrel with our BRT MicroTUNE Gas Block using a suppressor sized port.

Quote Originally Posted by PrivateCitizen View Post
    (Can't decide if this is general or technical … thanks in advance mods)

Looking for recommendations on a, 11.5 Carbine length 5.56 barrel for use heavily with suppressor usage. An A5H2/H3 will be quipped available as needed.

So far I have found:

SCIONICS RGP
    Triarc TRACK 2.0

For this I am not looking for stainless, specialized gas systems, or non-standard things like threads. This has to be as as close to 'common use' as possible.

I am looking for others that have experience with barrels of this size. I am not a total accuracy snob as the parts in this category will probably shoot well within the needs.

Both of the above 2 have a 6-10 week backorder.

Would appreciate any practical feedback on 11.5" experiences with a suppressor … if you have one would you buy it again or not and why?
    Black River Tactical
    BRT OPTIMUM Hammer Forged Chrome Lined Barrels - 11.5", 12.5", 14.5", 16"
    BRT EZTUNE Preset Gas Tubes - PISTOL, CAR, MID, RIFLE
    BRT Bolt Carrier Groups M4A1, M16 CHROME
    BRT Covert Comps 5.56, 6X, 7.62

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast