Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Which buffer/spring would you suggest.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

Which buffer/spring would you suggest.

I built an upper with a 13.7” Rainier Arms Rock Creek .223 Wylde Barrel. Carbine gas system and .750 gas block seat.

What buffer/ spring would you suggest to mitigate some of the recoil?

I know ammo often plays a role in this decision. I don’t have a “go to” or preference. Usually just 55 or 62 grain I suppose.

Thank you!

Derek

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    A5. If you already have a carbine buffer tube on it then an H buffer should be good.

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    I’ve had great luck with an H3 and Springco blue spring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    Really depends on the gas port.
    I would start with a springco blue spring and an h2.
    Might want to go with an carbine or h3 depending on gas port size and what ammo you use.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MegademiC View Post
    Really depends on the gas port.
    I would start with a springco blue spring and an h2.
    Might want to go with an carbine or h3 depending on gas port size and what ammo you use.
    Black Rifle Tactical's "Custom Tune Gas Port" could have saved me a lot of the money I spent on springs and buffers, had they been around when I began my odyssey to fine-tune AR ejection/cycling....

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Follow up question - why are the a5 buffer systems so hard to find!? Everywhere is sold out

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    People like them.

You can find good deals regularly at PrimaryArms.com, though the BCM kit they sell includes an A5H0 buffet.

Personally, I just got Vulcan (blemished) receiver extensions directly from VLTOR, VLTOR A5H2 buffers from OpticsPlnet.com, and rifle springs from BCM.

Feedback Score
    Everyone over at P&S say an H3 is too much for any gun. Heavy buffer inflict wear on gas rings. I’m no expert, just trusting the folks that know more than I do. Don’t kill the messenger......

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    I think you’re going to get alot of advice from people saying what they use with their guns, without having the same barrel as you. Additionally, the buffer and spring is a poor place to try to mitigate recoil, though it clearly has an effect, however small.

I suggest shooting it with whatever you have on hand, if you have another lower, or already have a buffer and spring. Then go from there, if you feel that it needs something different. Alternatively, you can buy an EZ Tune gas tube from BRT spec’d for whatever ammo, buffer, and spring you choose, and it’ll choke down the gas a bit. In which case, I would suggest setting it up for a regular carbine spring or Sprinco White and an H2. Or A5H0 with a regular rifle spring.

Quote Originally Posted by me2hootyhoo View Post
    Everyone over at P&S say an H3 is too much for any gun. Heavy buffer inflict wear on gas rings. I’m no expert, just trusting the folks that know more than I do. Don’t kill the messenger......
    Interesting. H3 is about the same weight as A5H2, slightly heavier than Rifle.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Derek33 View Post
    Follow up question - why are the a5 buffer systems so hard to find!? Everywhere is sold out

I just got one. But it was on a complete BCM lower from Brownells. If willing or needing a complete lower they are always available.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast