Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: 11.5 Carbine Length Barrel for Suppressor 95%+

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by John W View Post
    ...Be prepared to start playing with buffers/spring combos...
    No need go play with buffers & springs at all. Get the gas right and and the upper will run fine with H2, A5H2 or rifle buffer. Use the appropriate quality action spring and press on.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    G&R has Colt 11.5" barrels(w/FSB) right now.

I run Colt 11.5's(6933's) suppressed and love them.

11.5 is still short with can attached. Would I do it again? In a heartbeat. Favorite SBR's. Excluding HK 51.
    Last edited by 6933; 10-16-19 at 21:23.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Another +1 for Sionics RGP barrel. Been running one for two years now with an SF suppressor. I had some teething issues early that I wrote about in another thread but the issue was not the barrel, but the upper receiver. Folks at Sionics are really good to deal with too.
    Last edited by nightchief; 10-17-19 at 00:06. Reason: Engrish

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I have run BCM 11.5, BA Hanson 11.3, Triarc 11.5 and Colt 11.5 HRT and all of them have been supressed 95% of the time or more. They have all functioned great with and without the can. I think of those the BCM had the largest gas port. I wouldn't hesitate to buy any of them again.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clint View Post
    For dedicated suppressed use, you'll want a very small port.

We have several great solutions for running suppressed.

Our BRT OPTIMUM CQB-S is setup for mixed or dedicated suppressed use with a very small gas port and is in stock now.

This runs beautifully with a low pressure suppressor and light buffer.

Our BRT OPTIMUM SB has an extended carbine gas system for 100% dedicated suppressed use and should be available in a couple weeks.

The other option is a standard barrel with our BRT MicroTUNE Gas Block using a suppressor sized port.
    I can't wait to buy your 11.5" SB barrel...just hard to ditch my MK18.

OP, I had a BCM 11.5 and as a lefty, it was too gassy suppressed. I'm using a MK18 now with the .070" gas port and it's an improvement but still a gassy.

Overall, I think Sionics ERGP or the BRT barrels will be the most comfortable to shoot.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Sionics.

You’re going to get a bunch of ill informed replies that say otherwise, but the answer is Sionics RGP.
    This or if you run the can 100% the Extreme RGP is just dandy

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The ERGP sionics barrel is sweet. I'd be leaning towards that unless great function unsupressed is manditory.

I run the RGP with no can 100% of the time because that's what the port is SUPPOSED to be in the friggin first place, Mama.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    The ERGP sionics barrel is sweet. I'd be leaning towards that unless great function unsupressed is manditory.

I run the RGP with no can 100% of the time because that's what the port is SUPPOSED to be in the friggin first place, Mama.
    Sionics RGP is .070 i believe and if you cant wait for the lead time the FBI barrel is spec'd the same. Just do not buy from Unlimited Arms as the version they have with shaved FSB has a larger ,073 or so gas port

SOLGW port is .071 which is close to the Sionics as well

Sionics ERGP is closer to .063 i believe and that would proably be optimal for a can only

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Looks like its time to get on that backorder list at Sionics.

Thanks all.

The Private Citizen
    Liberty — Independence — Responsibility — Resolve

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Sionics ERGP is closer to .063 i believe and that would proably be optimal for a can only
    Yep. With Pappabears ERGP, it would run full power 5.56 ammo, but not lock back with the can removed.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast