G&R Tactical

Thread: Retrorifles?

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)

Retrorifles?

https://retrorifles.com/home/

Anyone know anything about these guys? I’m looking for a 14.5” “pencil” barrel without having to break the bank on a Colt. Not seeing any but here.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I ordered from them twice. First order went smoothly and the items showed up in a timely manner. Second order went a month and a half in the "pending fulfillment " status without any response to my calls, emails, or on site messaging system. Gave it over two weeks before I even tried to contact them so I wasn't being pushy, finally had to cancel my order through my CC. Also $24 base line shipping is a turn off. Sucks because they have plenty of stuff that I want at decent prices and would gladly order but the last order was not impressive so take it for what it's worth.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Two words: Stay Away. Luckily I used my AMEX Gold and when he went dark on comms, they pulled back the funds

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I haven't heard good things about Retrorifles.

Here's a source for 14.5" pencil barrels. You'll need to have an FSB installed though. Note: these barrels *do* have M4 style feedramps, so should work in uppers both with and without them. (Although my preferences is an upper *with* the ramps)
    http://www.gmriflebarrel.com/gm-m62-...encil-profile/
    I have two of those barrels although haven't used them in builds yet. I'm planning to do a couple 723 clones in the future.

They also have a version that is 14.7" instead in the event you want to pin a standard A1/A2 flashider and get a non-NFA OAL.
    Last edited by Circle_10; 10-19-19 at 07:56.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Thanks guys. I thought it seemed too good to be true, and their misspelling of Armalite on their main page was a huge red flag too.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I bought a 14.5" pencil barrel from DD with fsb.

Are they not available anymore?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by pinzgauer View Post
    I bought a 14.5" pencil barrel from DD with fsb.

Are they not available anymore?
    I bought a stripped one back in 2015. I don't believe DD still offers carbine pencil barrels anymore. The later production ones like I have had .750 gas block journals anyway, which doesn't really work for a Retro clone (which is what I assume the OP is building if he's posting in here) , unless he is building a Canadian C8 clone.
    I actually *was* going to build a C8 clone with mine but ended up doing something different so when one of my more "practical" ARs needs a new barrel I'll probably use the DD in that.

Sodom & Gomorrah on the Sound - Seattle, Wash., Left Coast Hell
    Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Circle_10 View Post
    I bought a stripped one back in 2015. I don't believe DD still offers carbine pencil barrels anymore. The later production ones like I have had .750 gas block journals anyway, which doesn't really work for a Retro clone (which is what I assume the OP is building if he's posting in here) , unless he is building a Canadian C8 clone.
    I actually *was* going to build a C8 clone with mine but ended up doing something different so when one of my more "practical" ARs needs a new barrel I'll probably use the DD in that.
    Even that only works for an original C8 or a C8A1--not sure which profiles the A2/FT and FTHB use, and the SFW/A3 use a whole 'nother. (Elaboration for the peanut gallery's benefit.)

Off-topic tangent, did you have a source for ribbed recoil pads before your build turned in a different direction? That's been one of my biggest problems on my C8A3 build...
    You really have to ask why Conservatives have guns? Because Liberals block freeways, burn cities, throw Molotov cocktails, loot, turn over cop cars, and think this behavior is Socially Acceptable.
    --unknown, memed by user "KeepnitReel" at Northwest Firearms

The NRA: Fighting Democratic Party terrorists with military-style assault weapons since 1871. LIFE MEMBER

No affiliation with Diamondback Firearms, or any other manufacturer/distributor/retailer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post
    Even that only works for an original C8 or a C8A1--not sure which profiles the A2/FT and FTHB use, and the SFW/A3 use a whole 'nother. (Elaboration for the peanut gallery's benefit.)

Off-topic tangent, did you have a source for ribbed recoil pads before your build turned in a different direction? That's been one of my biggest problems on my C8A3 build...
    No I never made it much past the planning stages on that build. It was going to be an early C8 but I bought a house around that time and the build got put on the back burner. When I started focusing on my build again I used a different upper and it ended up turning into an IDF mutt clone instead and has actually been rebuilt two other times since then. It's a USAF GUU-5/P clone at the moment.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Diamondback View Post

Closest I’ve seen south of the border.

https://www.johnmasen.com/product-p/bw1538.htm