Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ultra light handguards,do you prefer carbon fiber or lithium or magnesium alloys...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FloridaWoodsman View Post
    Does the military use carbon fiber?
    The mil rarely uses the best option available when it comes to small arms.

In any case, the PWD tells us that CF rules the ultralight game, though there are some very light metal rails as well. If you're trying to save every gram though, you want CF, preferably with a very light AL bbl but and Titanium screws.

Feedback Score
    Are you attaching anything to it?

Feedback Score
    FosTech bought Mag Tactical Systems, nice to see them back in the magnesium business.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I am bumping this as it's the most recent thread on carbon fiber handguards I see. Are those of you who have them still pleased?

Are CF M-LOK slots that don't have a metal backing plate junk? For example the CODA Lightning rail that has M-LOK on all eight octagonal flats.
    "We must all hang together, or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    That is a bump…

I have a Faxon and Smoke Composites awaiting installation, but cannot speak from experience.
    The Smoke Composites is a Gen 1 with MLOK only at 12-3-6-9 at the very end of the handguard. The previous owner had mounted a bipod, and I see no concerns with condition.
    The Faxon handguard is used in SinistralRifleman’s Instagram videos in matches, and he confirmed using an Arisaka low 1913 piece for his front sight with no issues. Of course he has a vested interest in the WWSD rifle sales, but still.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234