Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ultra light handguards,do you prefer carbon fiber or lithium or magnesium alloys...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Ultra light handguards,do you prefer carbon fiber or lithium or magnesium alloys...

Ultra light handguards,do you prefer carbon fiber or lithium or magnesium alloys...

What do you personally prefer?

I'm leaning towards carbon fiber but am open to suggestions.

TED

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    My first choice for hand guards is carbon fiber/polymer because they are better at protecting the shooter from heat than metal hand guards.
    The number of folks on my Full Of Shit list grows everyday

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n289/SgtSongDog/AR%20Carbine/DSC_0114.jpg
    I am American

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Agreed on the CF.

Feedback Score
    What are the downsides to running a CF handguard? I have always been curious about them and I am putting together a light weight hunting rifle and thought maybe putting one on it.

Feedback Score
    11 (92%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sycotik View Post
    What are the downsides to running a CF handguard? I have always been curious about them and I am putting together a light weight hunting rifle and thought maybe putting one on it.
    Downside.. Rough use may distort aluminum but not render the handguard unusable. Pound for pound CF is much stronger but any failure will be catastrophic. It doesn't bend it gives up.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Downside.. Rough use may distort aluminum but not render the handguard unusable. Pound for pound CF is much stronger but any failure will be catastrophic. It doesn't bend it gives up.
    While carbon fiber is able to fail catastrophically, saying that it doesn’t bend before failing is ignorant as shit.
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Are you guys using your rails to pound nails building a deck or?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GH41 View Post
    Not sure what you’ve been using carbon fiber for, but the tactical aircraft industry disagrees with you. Have you seen a CF foreend get destroyed? CF bends and returns very nicely until you exceed its limits like every other material. How you would be expecting to bend a firearm foreend to that extreme I do not know.

Andrew - Lancaster, CA
    NRA Life Member, CRPA member, Calguns.net contributor, CGF / SAF / FPC / CCRKBA / GOA / NAGR / NRA-ILA contributor, USCCA member - Support your defenders!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by sycotik View Post
    Downside - cost for certain. If they are damaged, you can get splinters from them.

I know they are lighter, but to me the biggest advantage is that they don't transfer heat or cold like aluminum.

Andy

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Do any quality carbon fiber handguards dip under $200 with MLOK attachment points?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast