Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Tactical Games

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    IDPA now has carry optics div and pcc.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Looks great - too bad I'm 25 years outta shape to be hitting a tackling sled. I'm better-suited to being a REMF in the forthcoming boogaloo - stick me in HQ Company, where I can't do any damage.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by joedirt199 View Post
    Looks like the no brake rule is because they run a whole squad at the same time in close proximity. May also be a specific range rule, some ranges are goofy. Reddots on rifles is fine seeing as most shots are within 100 yards where you empty a mag on one steel target. No pistol reddots sucks but I CZs that shoot lights out with open sights.
    Yet they allow Surefire brakes? I shoot all SBR length barrels and have brakes on all of them, and even I don't bother with Surefire brakes, cause they're literally painful.

I agree with you on the sandbagging potential, but so does every shooting sport with a classification system. You just get beat out by a better sandbagger.
    But in other shooting sports, there is a quantifiable metric for performance, and you get bumped up in class for performing to that class standard. No such thing in TTG.

I doubt they are inspecting everyone's internals on their rifles. Seems like there would be alot of down time having to weight specific parts. Probably just trying to eliminate the JP style captured recoil systems as there are several weights of buffers that come stock.
    Then why have the rule? And why does having an SCS matter? It's doubly incongruent when AGB's are allowed, but not tuned recoil systems to match the AGB. Who even cares about an AGB?

Elite doesn't seem to do harder shooting just more physical stuff. Look through the instagram photos of the stage brief boards. Elite competitors do the physical stuff twice but shoot the same course of fire.
    A better shooter will still perform better when more tired.

I really like the idea of combining functional fitness with shooting sports. I've done close to 2 dozen Run N Guns across the country and will be organizing one, possibly two matches in 2020. But not gonna bother with TTG when their match fees are stratospheric and their rules make no sense.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Had to go back and check the entry fee and it is pretty steep for the type on event. When you add in hotel and travel expenses it adds up quick. I have seen major 3 gun matches approach $300 for entry and that doesn't include ammo, room, travel expenses, but those have a chance to win some money back.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ClangClang View Post
    But not gonna bother with TTG when their match fees are stratospheric and their rules make no sense.

*There's a rule change. LPVO are allowed on the carbine in 2020. The organizer recognized that more LEO's are using those on their duty rifles, and he didn't want them to have to take them off. I thought I read that you won't be allowed to use the magnification (to keep a level playing field for LEO using their issued set up with no magnification), but can't find that right now.

The rules - while maybe not perfect (but what is?)- make more sense when you understand the founder is adamant about avoiding a equipment race. Despite the impression you might get from forums and Instagram, 99% of military and probably 95% of LEO's are not using LVPOs. None are using low mass bolt carriers and hydraulic buffers (for a reason). Make those legal and folks will be pressured to start modding their rifles. That's what TTG is trying to avoid.

There's a very important reason why you must have BUIS in a tactical competition, designed to test how prepared you are for eventualities. With that clue, if you still can't figure out why you must have BUIS, I'm not going to tell you.

No muzzle brakes of any type are allowed, including Surefire. Not sure how you got that wrong. That rule only came up after they had a stage with competitors shooting in close proximity to each other and getting a lot of gas and debris in the eyes.

It's not cheap, but they sell out. TTG can and should charge what the market will bear. TTG does use a fair amount of equipment, so he had some start up costs. If you think it can be done cheaper, feel free to start your own company and undercut his prices.
    Last edited by comprido; 01-04-20 at 08:31.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12